1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

All you snake guys need to go to Florida.....

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Bobbym1232, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

The story on AOL today says that the Everglades Nat. Park has an estimated population of 30,000 burmese pythons! :eek: They have found two 5' alligators in a few of them. Dang, that would make me an appetizer! :-\ The everglades has officially been crossed off my vacation detinations list!

2. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Oh come on man, your closer then me. Go get me one.... and while your there grab ma a Cottonmouth, Copperhead, Coral snake, EDB, Pygmy and Timber just keep them alive until you get them up here to OR

3. Bobbie, you read it all the time in the papers down here. There are so many invasive species of all sorts here. Peacock bass in the canals, pythons as you mentioned, elusive cats never seen before, and boatloads of people washing up on the beaches from other countryies. If their feet touch the beach its an all inclusive vacation paid for by you and me.

4. cedarhill

cedarhill Member

Bobby I was down there on vacation about 5 years ago and saw a few hispanic dudes chasing something down the road as I got closer they were chasing a huge monitor lizard, I couldnt believe it the lizard was at leat 4 feet maybe 5 feet long to the end of the tail and was out running the guys. I later heard they are good eating but it was the funniest thing I have seen, the guys didnt even have a club or anything so I am unsure how they were going to kill it and I dont think they were aware a bite from one can be deadly from the bacteria in the lizards mouth.

5. capted56

capted56 Member

i was just in the everglades yesterday in my air boat ran 77 miles and didn't see the first python but the gators where every where you had to quickly reel in every fish you caught or the gator would eat them off your line. we caught a whole cooler full of non native Oscars. But i do have a costumer that is getting payed to catch and kill as many of the invasive snake as possible. and he catches 4 or 5 a day. i have freezers full or snakes from 10 foot Burmese to 20 foot reticulating.

6. RTPBearcat

RTPBearcat New Member

Is it legal to sell the captured invasive species?

7. ace man

ace man New Member

sure is. they are invasive, unwanted and unprotected.

8. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I would think they would be begging folks to capture these snakes and do what they please with them? Who knows though, they may treat them like illegal aliens that have more rights and benefits than you and I do in our own country. ??? ::)

9. LRB

LRB Member

Ain't that the truth !!!!... :D

ML..

10. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

You nailed that one Perry

11. I want to go on a GIANT snake hunt anybody got any info i'm serious

12. I personally see illegal aliens an INVASIVE

13. well the wont eat them anyway there are way to meany ... maybe there will be an open season on them

14. rjallen70

rjallen70 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    From the night before last in ENP. 12 ft female.
    It is in fact illegal to take P.m.bivitattus from there, as there are ongoing studies in progress.
    But there are plenty of them outside the park as well
    Ron

15. ace man

ace man New Member

can you get me one of these ?

16. well stupid is what stupid dose......... now they are going to introduce beatles from asia to eat the vegataion... from what that they brough here for land scaping in the area.. lets see first it was frogs that they cant get rid of then trees and plants carp in the missisppi and now bugs.. its not that we dont have enough bugs in florida.. i almost wish the brain deads would move north . mark c

17. jlp

jlp New Member

im cuban and we don't coming in a boat ,we coming in tubes,and i didn't get my vacation package yet ??? ??? ??? ??? :( :(

18. jlp

jlp New Member

i ditn't now that this place was full of cheyenes, siux,mekosukis,and seminoles,folks that aren't aliens in this cuntry,turn your face and see where you coming from pal

19. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

What the hell are you talking about JLP? I'm glad your Cuban but what the hell does that have to do with the reptile thread? Came over in tubes? Are you comparing yourself to the bugs that they are introducing? WTH? I just don't get it. Good luck to you. ::)

20. jlp

jlp New Member

i was replying dawg1028 post.but you are rigth, it was a bad use of this forum,I apologize for that