1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

sail fish tail

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by full fan, Apr 2, 2009.

1. full fan

full fan New Member

I have a sail fish I'm doing some repair to, what would be the best thing to back the tail with to but some detail into it?
    Thanks
    Ed

2. If you are doing an old skin mount use apoxie sculpt. If you are doing a repro use fiberglass. If you are doing a repair on a new skin that is illegal. ;D

3. full fan

full fan New Member

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: sail fish tail
    « Reply #1 on: Today at 02:17:25 PM »
    If you are doing an old skin mount use apoxie sculpt. If you are doing a repro use fiberglass. If you are doing a repair on a new skin that is illegal. Grin

It is a repo. mount what i need to do is rebuild the tais some ,I need to know what would be good to use for a backing then add some apoxie sculpt to it.

4. full fan

full fan New Member

Thanks for all the help on this... Hope none of you are looking for help on you turkeys :mad: :eek:

5. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

Sand the area and clean it good and repair it with apoxi sculpt if it's a crack .

6. full fan

full fan New Member

Bill... that is what I'm going to do but the tail is about 3-4 inches short so I will have to back it with something so I can rebuild it.

7. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

fiberglass repair and sculpt the detail with apoxi sculpt