1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Sherwin Williams hide paste on sale

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by BDrake, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Roman 555 $20.00 a gallon on sale all month. at least here locally, check your store. I bought all they had here!

2. where's locally?

3. Columbus Ohio here, but I would certainly think the sale would be at most locations

4. LOL bring a gallon or 2 down here to the flying j in Kirkersville...i'll be here til tommorow

5. Matt

Matt New Member

Yes it is Brian, and if you buy it under a contractor's account, you can knock another 40% off of that! I have glue for next year now(I think)

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That's what I thought when I stocked up on the 111 I love so much, I think we use more the more we have!! LOL

7. damn 40% I`ll be setting up account for next time!

8. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

After setting up a contractor's account, they emailed me a coupon for $10 off any purchase of $25 or more! I printed that baby off and got the next 5 gallon pail of Dynamite 111 for a steal.

9. The only way to go is set up a contractor's account. I did that here in Kentucky and 5 gallons of the Pro 555 cost me $90.24 and that was tax included. GREAT deal!

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

10. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

McKenzie won't like hearing this LOL!!!

11. lookn4awhitetail

lookn4awhitetail "I shoot a Mathews, cause I dont wanna Hoyt them"

They will just buy them out...

12. Justin P.

Justin P. New Member

I was excited to use this stuff. I went out and bought a gallon on Sunday. I usually use Buckeye Supreme. Well I just tried it out setting a kudu face and let me tell you I'm of the opinion that this stuff SUCKS!
    I pulled the skin off the form and washed this garbage down the drain. Back to the good stuff for me!

13. michael p.

Which one did you use, the 555 or 111

14. Well apparently you did not let it dry if you pulled it off and washed it down the drain. So how do you know if it sucks or if it is good? Sorry about your experience but I personally like it and have no problems whatsoever.

Todd B

15. did you maybe use too thick a layering?

16. Justin P.

Justin P. New Member

Used 555. It didn't want to hold the skin down in a lot of places. I've got too much time into this kudu to risk using a new glue. I may still try a deer with it. Seems there isn't a lot of initial tack with it.
    I washed it off fearing that if it couldn't tacke down a relaxed cape it wouldn't have a chance when that cape dries.

17. michael p.

Everybody I know that uses the 555 on deer praise it, myself I like more tack, so I will continue using the 111 with generous amounts of hide paste added.

It's funny how all our tastes are different, my best local competition borrowed 555 from me because he was out of the 111 mix I had introduced him to. I don't care for the 555, but he loved it & says he considers the 111 too thick, well for me the 555 is too thin :) We both have different strokes but both manage to put out decent work :) LOL

18. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

The initial tack is not good but as it dries, it sucks the hide to the form.

19. zubba

zubba New Member

I just picked up some at lunch. Just as a test (not sure what it was worth), I put a little bit between my fingers and rubbed them together for a bit. Becky was right, at first there wasn't much tack...but after about a minute of rubbing, there was a lot of tack. I'm excited to give it a try.

20. so the key is to stir the paste before putting on the form or does it tack up naturally?