1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hows the best way to fix this

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by kycooner, Jan 15, 2007.

1. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

open for suggestions

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

fix what, the hole in the tear duct? sew it up w/ some dental floss.

3. Big Stein

Big Stein New Member

TN
    I always want the bottom of my tear ducts open so I can look in and see where I'm at on the form and get it placed correctly. If the tear duct bottom isn't open I'll purposely cut it open. All you have to do is just tuck the back of the tear duct first then the front where there is no skin showing, hair line to hair line. If the tear duct is placed and tucked correctly there shouldn't be any skin showing anyways.

4. Yes its not bad cut just tuck it and make sure you put 2 pins on top and 2 on bottom to hold it in the duct

5. Todd K

Todd K New Member

What is that? a fawn.?

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

I cut most of mine out anyway, the less skin you have to tuck, the cleaner and thinner you can present the gland. Plus Hunter is right, it nice to see where your're at when tucking it.

7. thanks for posting that. I skinned a coon sunday night and did the same thing to the bottom of the eye. I will sew it up. Can I use fishline?. Oh and I also cut one of the ears off to far from the skull, what should I do there?