1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Canadian Taxidermy Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 5th through 7th, 2009
    The <A HREF="http://www.canadiantaxidermy.netfirms.com/">Canadian Taxidermy Association</A> Annual Competition & Convention [​IMG]
    Mariposa Inn, Orillion, Ontario
    Contact Clint Kimbell at (905) 426-2359, (416) 495-6095 or <A HREF="http://www.canadiantaxidermy.netfirms.com/comingevents.html">visit the CTA Website</A>.

2. Bones88

Bones88 Duthill Tanners

The Canadian Taxidermist Convention was a little disappointing to say the least.

I am new to the taxidermy Associatiion but thought that there would be more to it.

I wanted to check it out, I drove 4-1/2 hours to Orillia Ontario and saw about 40-50 mounts, alot of birds, a 1/2 dozen deer heads, couple bears (one lifesize that was sweet) 2 coyotes, some fish and a few other small mammals.

There was a seminar about painting fish, a small booth with forms and supplies and that was about it.

I spent a little over 1-1/2 hours there, we had seen it all.

I read about the conventions everyone goes to and they seem like alot of fun, getting to know people, sharing tips and techniques, maybe I was expecting too much.

Anyways, I am seriously considering coming down south to attend some of your conventions, they sound like fun.

Bones

3. alfman

alfman New Member

Bones88 I am also a new CTA member, joined while I was there on Sat.
    There is a push for new members, so it is up to us,the new guys to get some entries in there another year, have some fun and help out by making it better.
    I look forward to next year as i will be there.
    I was also impressed that someone drove 40 hrs from Alberta to get involved.
    Hope to see you there. ;D

4. Bones88

Bones88 Duthill Tanners

Alfman,

Where are you from in Canada?? Did you go for the whole weekend?? I figured that I probably missed out on lots since I was only there on Saturday.

So what did you think of the convention??

Bones

5. alfman

alfman New Member

I was only there on Sat. for a short while, things where quiet, everyone was out for lunch, could'nt stick around, my 3 year old wanted to touch everything.
    As a visitor it may seem slow, but to get involved I am sure it would be great.

6. teal1

teal1 Active Member

i was also at the cta show there was 85 mounts not 50 and if you were there for the whole week end there was a total of six seminars. we birng in top notch judges from the usa every year and they all tell us we have some of the highest quality mounts for a show.so dont cut it up until you are involved with it and here the great things that these world class judges say about our show somwe of the judges in the past have made comments that it is one of the better shows between canada and the usa. so i sat to you join enter some work and then you will see that this is a grat show its not about filling the room up but we have alot of real talented taxidermist there . k noyes