1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big buck and coyote mount finished....

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by newbie2008, Apr 8, 2009.

1. newbie2008

newbie2008 New Member

Just finished this mount this week...the base splits in the middle for transport. The coyote was a December yote I got from a local fur buyer. I actually bought 2 of them the same size. The other one I'd like to mount open mouth/howling in a snow scene since the fur is so good on them. The guy I mounted this for told me about the idea he had so I tried it. I think he'll like it....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WOW!!!! Nice work. Looks like the other yote better come help a little LOL!!!!! That one has his hands full.

3. zubba

zubba Active Member

I like it. ;D

4. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

Really cool, nice job. I bet that was a lot of work.

5. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Are you married?

6. nice piece, keep up the good work

7. Awesome !! ;D

8. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

Nice work.

9. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Very Nice.

10. Very nice job.

11. Brandon S

Brandon S New Member

That is a very nice piece..Great job

12. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

That is very nice. You do very good work, very artistic.

13. now thats cool.. are you married? from JP ill bet your wife is happy its done ill bet there is 80 hours in that , very nice work mark c

14. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

very awesome

15. Colonel

Colonel Missouri River Rat

That is amazing... Very well done!

16. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Why is this in the beginners section? Doesn't even resemble beginner work! Looks good. Maybe shrink the base down, but looks pretty good IMO.

17. newbie2008

newbie2008 New Member

Thank-you for the compliments!!!!!! Yes, I am married and my wife doesn't really get on me about too bad. I don't honestly keep track of hours...I have a real job and do this in my little room downstairs. Mr Elkins...I posted this in the beginners section because I am by no means a professional ...for lack of a better word. I got my start just last year by doing a shoulder mount for my son. I use to come on this site and read and read for hours. By doing that got me more into it. The guy I mounted this deer for is a friend of my father in law and that's how I ended with the work. Hopefully he's still a friend after picking the mount up and he tell's his friends where he got it!! As far as the base goes...I didn't feel I could go any smaller without bunching things up more than they already are. The base does spilt in the center...there are holes in the foam board on each end and one in the center...I put a piece of 3/4" plastic conduit 1 1/2" long in the hole and liquid nailed it in place. There are grass plugs covering the conduit. This allowed me to use an extension screw driver bit to secure the halves together. Thanks again for the feedback!!!!!!!!!

18. awesome!!

19. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I'll say that's an ambitious project for only having been at it for a year and a great example of what you can achieve by diving right in. Good job.

20. nd53

nd53 New Member

Your friend will be in awe. you did a ace job on a huge project. you should be proud.