1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

would like to see pics of your Habitat with Critter tracks in it

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Critter, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Critter

Critter New Member

Im getting ready to do a Yote soon and was pondering the idea of making the Habitat base with Yote tracks and maby some Turkey tracks in it. I have got a grip on how i would like to make the tracks, probably make a cast with plaster paris in the field and transfer/stamp it in the habitat. Id love to see some pics because i dont think i have ever seen any posted on here. In my opinion i think it wouuld look more natural with tracks stamped in it, as it is in the wild. Im thinking ill have to coat the stamp with something so as the habitat wont stick to bad to it. Id love suggestions, ideas, tips, and pics!!! please!!!!!!!! what ya got????????? ::) ::)

2. Critter

Critter New Member

Surely someone has done this?? :p yer gonna make me cry, suggestions :'( :p where is the love? :-* ;D

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I have done it but by making amold & cast of a real foot. Your way would work if you could find tracks deep enough to geta complete cast.

4. Critter

Critter New Member

Thanks Bill!!!!

5. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Critter...you know trapper supply houses sell casts of coyote feet mounted on a stick. The theory is that making tracks in the dirt at a set puts the coyotes at ease. I have one knocking around here somewhere.

6. Mason

Mason Active Member

We just put a base together ,
    I corn field scene. I had a post on here about casting tracks. I got my tracks casted and they worked PERFECT. I even kept one of my turkey legs from this year and posed it down flat and added a few turkey tracks in it as well. ;D

7. Critter

Critter New Member

Funny you mention that Mason, The turkey i killed this year, I took the feet and wired them into the natural position to dry that way. Ill use them for posing tracks. Thanks for the info!!!