1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Arbor Freight

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bruledrift, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

All right all you Arbor Freight people out there in taxidermy land, I was out there last night looking for an air tank. While poking around the store I found some air brushes. Now in 1976 I bought a Binks Wren for around 65 bucks. I look at these at Arbor Freight and they are 14.99 for the deluxe model. I know, I know, what you pay is what you get, but, have any of you tried these brushes? and How cheap are they?

2. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I have been using a touch up gun for clearing my fish for years. I bought it there for seven bucks on a sale. I think regular price was fourteen bucks. Like I said I have been using it for about five years and as long as I keep it clean it works as good as the high dollar guns.

3. They work great

4. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

It's Harbor Freight and like taxidermy, you get what you pay for.

5. I have one and it is great!All these people that are talking bad about them have never had one in their hands.There is another post in the for sale section about these.It amazes me that people bitch about prices being high on everything and then you find something that is affordable and they say it is junk....without ever even using one.

6. zubba

zubba Active Member

My first airbrush was one from Harbor Frieght...Central Pneamatic, I think. I painted 10 or so deer with it before getting a Paasche. Wow what a difference. I imagine Iwata and/or Badger are even better yet. Don't waste your money in my opinion.

7. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

i did the same thing kurt but the difference is the tip size not sure what tip the harbor freight has but it does work great for broader coverage it's a knock off of a name brand airbrush ( like most of their tools are) so if a guy could figure out wich one he could order aditional tips and needles and have a good cheap all around gun.

8. boss400

boss400 Member

Looks like a badger that snapon tool use to sell for $150.00

9. zubba

zubba Active Member

I agree Harley. For broad coverage, it was alright. Actually for the price...it wasn't bad overall. But you do get what you pay for. I don't have any regrets....I battled a large part of my airbrushing learning curve with it....so i got it's moneys worth.

10. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

There has already been a post about this on the for sale list. Do a search. I think the brush is well worth looking into . The original poster said their gonna go on sale in the next week for $12.99. Their practically givin em away. :eek:

11. buck187

buck187 New Member

yeah, they had a pretty heated discussion about this last week. I wish we had a store here so i could check one out.

12. maxman

maxman Active Member

For 13 bucks plus a little shipping, you can check one out. ;D

13. I don't know what you guys had but the one I bought the other day will spray as fine as I want it to and is easy to control.

14. pdmd2911

pdmd2911 Member

For the few that didn't see the first post, there's just shy of 100 spots in an area just bigger than a dime with that $15 HF airbrush.

[​IMG]

15. met

met New Member

got mine at hf also. paid maby $15.00. it works fine for me. but i only do a few deer a year.

16. brandi

brandi New Member

PA
    dad bought me a master, its as good as our iwata eclipse, probably not as good as a custom micron check out http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/?gclid=CL7JoNO96ZkCFdlM5QodBSUDRg a good site to look at brush's

17. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I have one from there that works great. I think the tip is a .25. My teacher turned me on to them. Can't beat the price. They also have a kit with 6 brushes and bottles and a central station for about $85. Good for painting a lot of colors without changing out every time. The ones in the kit aren't as small of a tip. I think they are a .35.

18. michaelf

michaelf New Member

Tip is .35mm & they don't paint bad at all. They are not going to replace my other brushes but for the price , they are a good back up brush !

19. pdmd2911

pdmd2911 Member

I see on their website they sell 3 different replacement tip and needle sizes, 0.3, 0.4 & 0.5, $5.00 ea.

20. semisneek

semisneek Guest

I'm a professional mechanic and most of my tools came from Harbor Freight. I look at it this way I pay $5.00 for a 2" open end wrench at harbor freight or I can pay $50 for it a Snap On. IF and that a big if I break my wrench I just go by another for $5.00. And Yes Snap on is Life Time but by the time you turn the wrench in and get one back you are out of time. Sometimes you get what you pay for but Harbor Freight is one of the very few companies out there to give you a great product at a great price.