1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Illinois NTA affiliations

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Missouri Creek Studio, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Maybe one or our ITA officers can answer this (refer to the Question Posed on UTA/NTA above) we have not been officially a NTA affiliate for several years. I would like to see us at least becoming licensed to utilize the NTA scoring system so our ITA competition points count towards the NTA Award of Excellence. By the same token we should be allowed to utilize those points accumulated in other NTA/World competitions towards our State A/E. Just my thoughts.
    Doug
    MCS

2. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Doug,

This program is in place with several options available to associations.
    States can and are hosting nationally licensed competitions.
    WTC is considered a regional and those points do count. Competitors points can be used towards national certification and Award of Excellence.
    Contact Cindy at Headquarters for additional information.

JJ

3. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Thanks John, I need to check with Cindy anyways. I became NTA certified in 1988, bu over the years lost or did not record on my ribbons what they were for or even the year. She should have the records going back in years. Illinois used to be an affiliate then dropped out.

4. erik1

erik1 New Member

MCS send me an email or something in writting and we can discuss this at our next meeting in July. I will check the NTA website or see what info is availible to review it more. I am not sure how many of our members are NTA members but we can check into it. I am not sure if it would be a board decission or a membership decision.

5. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    I hope all of you have had as wonderful and peaceful Easter Sunday as we did here in NJ. After doing some very minor research in the recent 2008 NTA Outlook Annual Report, I learned that there are well over 50 Illinois NTA members. Of these, there are 2 Award of Excellence recipients and 4 NTA Certified Taxidermists.

John Janelli
    NTA Board Member