1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

i posted this in another category, but i am proud, and wanted...............

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Russ of V.O.W.T, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

you new folks to see that anyone can do it with proper time, determination and a bit of guidance. This is my 11 yr old son and his first ever fish, skin or replica, the only thing he has ever painted taxidermy related was a bass head a few months ago, and after going to a few shows with me last year, he decided he wanted to do something to compete with, so without further ado, here is my sons fish, some of you will see it in person at the Missouri show, as well as possibly the Oklahoma and Arkansas shows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for viewing, he loves the comments.

2. Beautiful job! My first bass looked like a carp when I got done with it! Great habitat too.

3. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Thumbs up.

4. NE CO HHT

NE CO HHT New Member

Awesome job! Just hope my first fish turns out as good as that. Good luck at the shows! :)

5. nice job but i gotta say you got a big 11 year old kid

6. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    Good job Russ, how long till you got the boy mounting your customer work... ;D

7. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

he just seems big because we're used to itty bitty russ ;)

8. lol true bailey

9. Russ of V.O.W.T

sad thing is buck, is he is no longer one of the "bigger" kids in his class, last year they passed him bye, he is now a running back still, but is used more as a receiver and was moved from linebacker to defensive end and is used ALOT in the defensive backfield because he is still the fastest kid in his grade, the junior high track coach is slobberin all over himself because of how fast he is, so naturally in football they utilize that as well. I hope he hits a "bulk up" growth spurt this summer and still keeps his speed, then he will be a monster for sure LOL

thanks for all the positive comments guys, he just went to bed, but he will be checking this out again tommorow i can guarantee that LOL

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

Nice job, it's great to see the kids involved and he is well on his way to being a great helper in the shop.

11. shammy

shammy New Member

That is a awesome job for your first. now you are hooked. you will never just look at a fish the same way again. Good luck at the shows, your on your way. Shammy

12. this is a weird question but what does he weigh? lol sorry im a wrestler and have to ask

13. Russ of V.O.W.T

Shammy, hes been hooked, he is in the 6th grade and lives to fish, has said for 3 years he is gonna be a pro fisherman when he grows up LOL i encourage it, heck if it gets me to "retirement" who wouldnt be for it right ? LOL He has watched MANY fish go together in my shop, and after seeing the kids or "youth" division at 3 different shows last year, he decided last fall it was time to compete himself. Tonight one of my twin daughters actually said "daddy i wanna do one to" so i have a 10 yr old itchin to get at it now to LOL

Buck, he is 5'1" tall, and weighs around 100 lbs.

14. if he don't gain much more height (which as short as you are he shouldn't ;D )he could be a good wrestler in a few years ;)

15. Russ of V.O.W.T

nah, doesnt interest him, and we dont have it here, only school in the area that does have it is in our conf. for football and such, but they travel quite a distance to compete as far as wrestling goes. If he wanted to do it, i would support him 110 percent, but until recently his interests were truely football and fishing, with track coming into the equation about a month back, he came to me out of the blue and said he thought he might give it a whirl next year, then i found out the track coach had been "courting" him LOL

16. track is for wimps so is football
    you actualy have to work in wrestling

17. Russ of V.O.W.T

come down here and tell our football team its not work LMAO they just won a state championship this year, and the past 4 or 5 have been in the playoffs deep into the season. Our football boys work their arses off to say the least. 2 two week long minicamps before 2 adays start in the summer at 2 major colleges in the state, and then the real work starts LOL they are also in the wieght room morning and evening before and during and after the season bulking up for the next season or game however you want to look at it. Track you have to work as well, if you want to go any where with it, so your statement is a bit fudged there buddy LOL

18. JerryH

JerryH New Member

Tell my step garndson good job ;D

19. yea well I'd left weights morning and evening to if i could eat
    only wrestlers have true discipline

20. Russ of V.O.W.T

again, incorrect, open your mind young bucky, try telling those cornerbacks they have no discipline when they WANT to jump a route because they THINK they can make an interception, instead of staying in their coverage, or telling a d'end, or linebacker not to jump the gap and stay home to cover their territory. Thats more discipline than i think you can wrap your young mind around at this time LOL

Jerry sure will, he will see all these posts in the morning or in the afternoon at the latest i am sure