1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

lets see some turkey sucess

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by TIM DUNCAN, Apr 17, 2009.

1. horntrapper

horntrapper New Member

Me and a merriam bowkill ! N.W. Nebraska

2. Jake double from opening morning...
    [​IMG]

3. ed150

ed150 deer city time

thats a cool pic alicia

4. Thanks! We had a lot of fun that morning...

5. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

thats a big smile there lady congrats alicia

6. bowhntr

bowhntr New Member

Killed these two between breaks in the rain on the second day. They were 19.5 and 17lbs. with 10 in. beards and 1 1/8th spurs. The box call in the picture was custom made by a friend of mine. It is purple heart and holly with a walnut stricking surface. All checkering is hand carvred.

Later,
    Michael

7. ed150

ed150 deer city time

today was our opener,no bird,just another turkey education

8. TIM DUNCAN

this is my second bird 25lbs 1.25 spurs 10.25 beard

9. beretta man

beretta man New Member

14 minutes after opening day shooting hours I scored. 20# 4"beard 1/4" spurs.[​IMG]

10. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Nice bird Tim. I haven't been out since the second week of the season. Maybe this weekend :mad:

11. TIM DUNCAN

here is another picture

12. Nice turkey there, Tim. :)

13. Here is a banded Louisiana Eastern I took last Thursday.

[​IMG]

14. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Went this morning....saw nothing but crows and squirrels :'(
    Still nice to get out in the woods. Still have 3 more weeks of season.

15. Mason

Mason Active Member

I posted this bird on the PA post. But thought I'd share it/ show it off ;D here also
    9 1/2" beard, 19 lbs, 5/8" spurs
    [​IMG]

16. highlander

highlander "There can be only One"

What part of Nebraska????? My sons and i will be headed for Comstock NE the 11th -the 15th of may. We go every year and tag out. Lots of good birds out there. Our season here in Alabama will be over on the 30th of april. Have already tagged out here and in Texas so we will be off to NE. Great bird and congrats on the bow kill. Thats all my oldest son hunts with for ridge roosters. God Bless

[​IMG]

17. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

We went 3 for 3 on toms last weekend here in Iowa.

Me with a rainy day bird
    [​IMG]

My Pops
    [​IMG]

My Brother
    [​IMG]

18. Shot this Jake this morning...yesterday was my first time ever turkey hunting, so needless to say I wasn't gonna be picky. The best part of all is my cousin was with me to get the whole hunt on video. I'M HOOKED!!!

[​IMG]

19. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

I am so jealous. I found two small sheds and askull that must of had velevet on it at one time. The birds will not committ and now once they hit the ground they shut up. No shock gobbling even. I think to many coyotes in the area.

20. I decided to go out this morning inspite of the snowstorm. I got 3 birds going on the roost, with this one being the most vocal. His first gobble was at 6am, he was on the ground by 620 gobbling to every call and pretty much ran the 200 yards through the cottonwoods to me and I arrowed him at 10 yards at 630. He would have got there quicker but there was a section of sheep fence that slowed him up a little. 21#,8 3/4" beard 1/2" spurs, pretty much a nice fat 2year old.
    [​IMG]