1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Picture Test

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Fish-Man-Dan, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Fish-Man-Dan

Fish-Man-Dan Fish Taxidermist

Just checking out how the picture feature works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Since this is crappie show and tell here's my picture test of a stringer mount of white crappies. ;D I did six for the customer but he wanted two separate stringers of three fish.

[​IMG]

3. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

Nice work Cecil. I just finished up a stringer mount of perch. Now you will have to do a dead stringer mount of state record perch.

4. Fish-Man-Dan

Fish-Man-Dan Fish Taxidermist

Very nice fish Cecil!

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Thanks for the complements. Nice black crappie too Dan. However I don't remember the pelvic fins being so bright yellow in real life on my white crappie...? I think I'll mute it more in the future if that was the case.

I am going to do a stringer mount of big yellow perch, but whether they are state record size is debatable. I think my 2 lbs 13 oz. fish was a fluke just like other state records. Biggest since has been 1 lbs 15 1/2 oz, of course still a nice fish. The big female perch I moved to a perch only pond won't feed much on the pellets right now. I think they're feeding on snails and small bluegills that come up the overflow pipe from the other pond. Not as easy to grow monster perch as many of you think!