1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's your biggest walleye?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jasonb, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ctf1800

ctf1800 Member

I caught a 28" and a bunch under 24" in canada mojik lake.

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. New Member

That is a heck of a walleye. My biggest is 29", from the Boundary Waters of Canada.

3. youngbuck66

youngbuck66 a fine maumee river walleye

caught a 27 inch, 6.3 pound jack in the maumee river last year. The fillets were huge

4. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Thats where my buddy caught his 32"er.

5. Are you serious? Why not go for an even 40"? :D I guess it is possible. The largest walleye ever measured and weighed went 42"/25 lbs

6. Now that is funny stuff

7. huntingdreams

huntingdreams Member

WI
    I caught a 31 and a 29 ten min. appart 2 years ago in the Bad river just before Lake Superior, in WI. They were bigger then the Northerns we caught that day.

8. copper

copper Active Member

with all the 16-18 inch fish out there, I see no reason to kill one over 26-28 inches. Let them live and breed

9. Murrmantaxidermy

Murrmantaxidermy New Member

No, Im lying it was only 22", I was trying to start a hoax in PA for the monster Walleye and I would of got away with it if it wasnt for you pesky kids. ;D

10. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Too many people know about the Maumee nowadays. Used to be a secret. Rule of thumb on walleyes...30"=10#!

11. I caught this 31.5" 12.06lbs walleye during the Camp Make a Dream walleye benift in Montana this past summer. Taking second place. I hope to start painting the repo in the next few weeks.

Attached Files:

12. Dark Man

Dark Man Active Member

32 inshes,about 8 lbs in whiskonsin was the best one for me.

13. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

30 in 10.6 Lake Monroe in southern IN,the biggest ive mounted was 34 in 14.0 out of erie port clinton thanksgiving day fishing trip with some friends.

14. my dad caught a 28 1/8 which i netted to win the $1200 big fish prize at the carpenters union tourney on mille lacs lake, MN, two summers ago. that was a june fish.

15. rick sipperley

rick sipperley New Member

my largest mounted for customer 35" 14 lbs

my largest 30.5 incher

16. copper

copper Active Member

13lbs.6oz.

17. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

20".... i don't really fish for them but i caught one bass fishing in WI one time.

18. my biggest is 28" caught it in may of '09 on the Montague side of the channel up in Michigan seen a 30 and 31 incher caught also last spring

19. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

My dad caught a 13 lb. Me tops 4.5

20. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Two caught during a Port Clinton trip were 28 in - 8lbs. and 29 in - 9lbs ..Both were similar builds. Hard to believe that 1in was worth a lb.