1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's your biggest walleye?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jasonb, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Big fish! Too bad but he can still get a repro though.

Heres my best. This one doubled the weight of my previous best. It is 34.5" 15lb, you guessed it Lk Erie. Only fished that lake 1 day in my life but it was sure worth it! The wife also caught a 32" 10lber. We caught walleye, yellow perch, white perch and a coho all in the same place, on the same hook (spinner rigs) the same morning, not many places you can do that. Changed locations and caught my first smallies ever which I would later find out are also huge most places (but not erie) They were 4-5.5lb. I cant wait to go back and visit the INLAWS again!!!

Attached Files:

2. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Lake Erie is one of The Best Fisheries of North America. Hopefully the Invasive Carp can be kept out. If they get in ,things will surely go to h#ll

3. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

You are right on about Lake Erie being a first class fishery. There are many walleyes and steelhead over 10# and plenty of 5# + small mouth as well. The western basin is tops in the spring with the walleyes spawing then they move to the deeper water of the central basin as the water warms. The rivers from vermilion east are loaded in the spring with the steelhead up until the middle of April. There is also a good number of northern pike along with musky starting to make a come back.

4. Rogerst

Rogerst Member

33" off the dock behind the Sandusky Ohio Police Station on Thanksgiving night about 11pm. Lake Erie walleye coming into the bay to eat the shad! Mounted but not painted yet

5. here's the 28 and 1/2 incher caught off the channel

Attached Files:

6. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

I have a friend that got a 33"+ I have mounted a couple in the 32" range.

7. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

My largest is a 29" Canadian Walleye caught in Northwest Ontario. Hoping to get something bigger this year, I guess we will see.

8. yenrec

yenrec New Member

i caught my 3 biggest this year on the lake we have a cottage on in lower michigan. The lake doesnt have a whole lot of walleye in it. I caught my first walleye out of there 4 or 5 years ago that was 23". Then this year i caught quite a few, about 5-10 undersize as the lake association started stocking them again, but the day before season opener i caught a 27.5 incher, mid summer i caught a 29" and this fall a 28". So needless to say im pretty stoked. [​IMG] 27.5" [​IMG] 29"

9. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Mine is a 30" fighter from NW Ontario. She's on my wall. She was also 10 lbs. on the button!!

10. greener

greener New Member

I was out fishing for walleyes yesterday and caught 25 but the biggest was only 13 inches. But still was alot of fun. My biggest so far is a 28 1/2 on Winnibigosh through the ice. Now that was fun. This year my buddy caught a 29 3/4 befor opener crappie fishing and then a 29 7/8 s he is an avid walleye guy and released then both due to the fact that they are not over 30. LOL still fun to see and good photos!!

11. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Well since this thread started my buddy has been through cancer treatments for prosstat and bladder cancer and God willing he will make it out there again this spring, if he lands another monster like the one he got last year I will be getting it mounted for him.

12. i posted my biggest walleye up page farther but beat that one the other day now its 30 1/2 inch 9.1 lbs walleye

Attached Files:

13. copper

copper Active Member

13.021 ounces out of a private lake in Metro St. Louis area. Caught it on a lucky craft crankbait. Released to fight again

14. cremmick

cremmick New Member

My biggest is 31". I have caught many 26" - 30" on the Missouri River. Went there last week and had a hard time catching anything under 24". Fun, Fun, Fun!

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

30"- 8 lbs. Saginaw Bay, about 3 or 4 years ago. I should get it back from the taxidermist any day now. LOL

16. I though you got into taxidermy so you wouldn't have to wait so long anymore. :D

17. Bob Coughlin

Bob Coughlin New Member

I mounted one about 10 yrs ago caught in Whitney Point Reservoir here in NY that was 36 1/2 inches and weighed 13 lbs 6 oz . She was a spawned out female and had about a teaspoon of eggs left in her. I'd say she pushed 16lbs a couple of weeks earlier.
    My biggest.....27" caught musky fishing in about 4' of water in July. Figure that out.

18. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

This is my biggest a 29 inch caught 4/22/10

Attached Files: