1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 16, Year 3

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

:)
    Wow,nice week that last one,you made my choice pretty hard again!! Very nice birds and I would have very much wanted to choose three at least for a beginner but....Had to make decision! ;)

This new interesting week starts with great woody mount by Bird Works!!! Really an beautifull composition and really a nice mount too! Congratulations!!

Let's hope this week is really an interesting again as usually and we can admire many great looking mounts from all over the world! I wish to you all a nice and relaxing week and hope you enjoy the results of this week!!

All the best!! JP ;)

2. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Excellent choice JP that woody is smokin

3. RMW

RMW New Member

Heres a pintail that was in the freezer for 8 years. He was fun to do.....LOL

[​IMG]

4. I'm liking the details on the Pintail RMW, nice touch with the icicle, small details like that will define your work to others.

5. I was gonna say the same thing about the single floating feather....Nice touch!

6. I'm sorry, Bird Works, beautiful Woody and composition...well done and congrats!

7. Haha, I got ahead of myself...congrats Bird Works, outstanding job

8. RMW

RMW New Member

thanks guys! I had alittle problem with the side pocket feathers as you can see a few are missing but I did what I could with them

9. winston

winston Member

bird number two for BOTW
    Barry

10. jrclmn18

jrclmn18 New Member

I guess I'll post another preening. Great wood duck and very nice detail on the ptail. This one was also in the freezer for a long long long time. Ive got another to add to the mount but I dont know if she is gonna make it. Ill post if it all works out. This is my 10th duck.

11. Still new to the bird world but getting there so I thought I would finally contribute to BOTW. I know it won't be this week's "chosen" bird but.....Hey not everyone can be a Jeremy or an RDA....ha ha and plus I would really hate to run you guys out of business. Just joking that will never happen!!! You two are great!!! Keep up the awesome work. Everyone on this site just amazes me, really!!!! Hats off to you all.

12. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Congrats to Birdworks...Does a hellova Woody! Here's a Spec...
    [​IMG]

13. wings II

wings II New Member

A Big Thanks to JP for coming up with BOTW; the only place to see great Birds from all parts each week! :)

Every year my good friend Paul Szurek and I get together to tackle individual bird issues and the Loafing Woodie was the end result. I always enjoy time in the shop with talented bird folks like Paul. The other bird is an open mouth mallard idea that was provided by my client's 13 year old son. Kids can provide some neat ideas..I really enjoyed mounting that pose. Thanks Again for the nice feedback - Matt

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Congrats Matt! You mount those woodies well and great pose on the mallard. Pintail is also a great mount.

15. wingman

wingman Active Member

Very nice woodies Matt! I enjoy seeing all the different guys birds on this thread! Here is a white-tailed ptarmigan I did for myself, They are difficult to get and unfortunately this one was in marginal shape BUT at least he got mounted and will be in my collection till I get a better one. Also a drake Hoodie in habitat finished this week.

16. Always awesome birds, wingman and the habitats too.
    Here's a landing Canada goose.

17. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Can you tell I read the background tutorial?

18. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Another for the week.

19. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

LOL...Dan, me too thanks to Wolfgang and a photoshop program he sent me. What a guy... :D, except theres a lot to learn on it, but im getting the layering thing figured out.

Good looking birds everybody... ;), Eugene I feel your pain on those Ptarmagin the couple I have had my hands on were a mess also, but you did a heck of a job on it. I read in a book that I have that they are in a perpetual state of molting and will do 4 times a year.

Matt You big Stud... congrats on BOTW and they look fantastic. CHEW DA MAAAN... ;D

Here is the start of a big Valley quail project, 2 of the 5 were mountable...well kinda, that is... the hen is a freezer burnt, pinfeatherd, head shot mess. I had to purchase several more for him..... :-\

[​IMG]

20. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Hi Guys, I haven't had the time to post the last several weeks but have been lurking! Some really nice work!!!

Here are a few that have gone out the door the last several weeks..

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]