1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Who's met Mr. Rick Carter?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Daniel M., Apr 20, 2009.

1. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I recently met "Rick Carter", the "deer guy", while I was in Georgia. He is a very nice man and showed me around WASCO. He, our friend Michael Vaden, and I had lunch at subway. I was very impressed by his vast knowledge of deer and most other animals.

It was so cool to see WASCO, I have tried to imagine it every time I place an order with them. The main office had some incredible mounts with very friendly employees.

I was just wondering how many of you have had the opportunity to meet him?

2. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Met him and Ken Edwards last year at National's. Great guys.

3. zubba

zubba Active Member

I had the opportunity to meet Rick at the Iowa show this past March. You are right, great guy...and very very intelligent.

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Did Rick make YOU pick up the tab too???

5. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

He was a student of mine.Took him a while to get the hang of taxidermy but i was patient with him. ..............hahahahahaha!never had the pleasure.

6. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

i live like 15 min from their place and i havent even met the guy yet lol

7. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I used to meet him 6-8 times a year when I was traveling the shows.

8. dbl.thraot_patch

dbl.thraot_patch New Member

Iowa
    I also had the pleasure of meeting him at the Iowa show. I really enjoyed his critique on my stuff and his seminar was nothing but informative.

9. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

I've see him, in Dobson NC, for the past few years at Surry Community College Mini Taxidermy courses in May. Very nice man.

10. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

My wife and I met Rick and Ken at WASCO. Good people!

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

OK Yox, where did they hide the roses. I see someone's trying to blow them up Rick's nether region. Looks like MV has been keeping Daniel in the dark. If he didn't get stuck with the bill it's only because he hasn't been to enough shows yet. LMAO

Rick is one of the good guys, even if he did move to Georgia.

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Lol, George, youre right, on all counts.

13. TomCat

TomCat Tommy B. <(((><

i got to spend 4 hours with Rick in my living room...when i watched the a-z deer dvd ;D lol

14. Daniel M.

Ohio
    Thanks guys! No I didn't have to pay for his lunch, LOL

15. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Daniel M., I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to WASCO. You have a lot of talent and at the rate you're going we will be seeing your name in the trade journals soon.

I paid for my own sandwich. Daniel had to buy Vaden's lunch. He was the only one who was broke! I had already cleaned him out in the eye room. LOL

16. cht

cht New Member

I had cheese and wine with Rick and Barry Smith at the Iowa show, found out how to paint using an air brush without a compressor. It involves a bicycle LOL [ REALLY!!]

17. Daniel M.

Ohio
    Thanks, Mr. Carter!

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Im met Rick before, I was awestruck and asked for his autograph. You see, I at first thought it was Jason Alexander (AKA George Costanza). Then I found out who he really was & boy was I dissapointed!! ROTFLMBO!

19. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    lol. MP, i think jason alexander has more hair and is taller... ;D Met rick 1x forgot if it was national show or world show few years ago, he did a whitetail seminar then talked to him a few minutes at the WASCO booth i think.

20. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I could see that happening, LOL. Maybe they are twins seperated at birth (?)