1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another contest- red fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bone_painter, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

There seems to be allot of interest in another contest. I'd like to put together a red fox contest. Any pose, open class, peoples choice just like the squirrel contest. Habitat will be included, and you can mount the fox with one small prey animal (rabbit, mouse, gamebird) if you'd like. I already have one other person signed up for it aside from myself. If there's intrest in having award plaques or ribbons, I may be able to get a discount at the local trophy shop. If it's not too much I'll just cover it myself. Otherwise there may be a small entry fee like the other one. Post here if you'd like to enter, I'll post more details such as dates & photo requirements later.

2. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

I'm signed up. Now I guess I have to go dig the fox out of the freezer. :p

3. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

IM in!!! ;D

4. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

hey no fair....I don't have red fox down here :mad:

5. MHTaxidermy

Just pick one up of off here.

6. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

what about a grey or red fox contest??? ;D

7. snowhare

snowhare New Member

So

Ans what about European Red Fox , is that good also , just inform me about this ok

Greatrings Snowhare

8. bone_painter

Sweet ;D What dose everyone think? Should it be grey and red? I'd rather just do red, but I want everyone to be able to participate. Let's hear everyone's opinion- reds only or reds and greys allowed. Snowhare, I think a euro red would be fine, they don't look much different than the ones we have here do they?

Here's what I'm thinking so far:
    Each mount must have 1 adult fox only, a habitat, and you may have one prey animal (optional)
    For the photos, I am thinking each entry should have the same # of photos & basically the same shots. I'm thinking one shot of each side of the face, one shot of the front of the face, one shot that shows the entire presentation of the mount, one overhead shot, and then 3 additional shots of your choice- close up of habitat, or if you have a prey animal or just more closeups of your fox. That would make it a total of 8 photos. Photos can be sent to me at [email protected] As far as dates... it's just about May, and I'm thinking 2 months, so maybe have the photos due by July 1st. Is that enough time for everyone? Too much time? Feel free to speak up.

9. Binx390

Binx390 New Member

I'm in for sure :)

10. bone_painter

I've been thinking about it more and more and I'm really leaning towards reds only. The two are just so different. I still want to hear what everyone else thinks & we will go from there.

11. MHTaxidermy

I Think Reds only for sure. It is Really sad that some don't have reds, but Grays are to pretty to put in the same contest as reds. :D

12. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

I'll get in on it! :)

13. MHTaxidermy

Oh, And I think every thing else sound good, The time and photos and stuff.

14. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

The base I'm working on got 2 flushing pheasants!! Is that OK?

15. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I'd really like to join in
    I'm a beginner but I might be able to scrounge around for money
    I'll look for a cheap pelt :)

16. bone_painter

Khalle, as long as no one else has a problem with that. But we'll cap it at two. Absolutely no more than two common prey animals, no exceptions. Pheasant, quail, rabbit, mouse, squirrel, that kind of thing. If anyone has any objections, please speak up. I'd like to finalize it though & not make any changes. 1 adult fox, max. 2 common prey, and habitat base- any season.
    Silverose, don't worry, you will not be the only beginner. I have never done a fox before & have only completed a handful of mounts so far. Definitely jump in, have fun, and do your best!

17. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

:) Thank you BonePainter
    I'll try my hardest!

18. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

Is there any kind of fee?

19. MHTaxidermy

If there is any interest in Awards/plaques/ribbons, then there will be a small entry fee unless BonePainter can get them cheap enough at her local Trophy Shop.

20. K Kave

K Kave New Member

I think there should be 2 different divisions beginners and professional