1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another contest- red fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bone_painter, Apr 27, 2009.

1. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

Naw, that would make it start getting complicated. Who is a professional, and who is a beginner? I would suppose that I am a beginner, But I wouldn't want to be in the beginner category. I would rather have my mount voted on in the same category as snowhares mount. :p
    What do all you other beginners think?

2. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

I never saw snowhare's squirrel...... :-\

3. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

I would love to get in this contest, I'll try and get a red fox.

4. I would suggest you pick out a pose from a reference photo and have everyone try to recreate what they see. There are too many variables when it comes to judging different poses with habitat.

I will pass on this challenge because I would win. ;D

5. MHTaxidermy

;D Very funny.
    And, Its not Judging, ITs just Peoples Choice, Vote on which one you like best. So Different poses would be better then just one pose.

6. Oh, I see.

7. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

I'm just a beginner, but I want to be judged right next to the pros. I feel it will push me to turn out a better piece, even though it's extremely doubtful I'll place. My squirrel only got one vote in the last contest :D I'm still proud as heck of it though, and I had a great time putting it together. If there's a allot of beginners that want their own class we can start a separate one over in the beginners section. But I'd encourage you to just jump on in, have fun, and don't get discouraged. Use this as a practice run for when you enter your state's competition.
    I'd like to leave the pose flexible. I want it to be fun, and above all I want people to get creative. You should still enter Andy ;D
    Thanks Mark for the help :D

8. MHTaxidermy

No problem ;D And yes Andy, You should enter too, Snowhare is, So you might have a little competition for the most votes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :)

9. I would enter if I had a red fox customer piece to do. I don't so I wont. Just dont have the time or desire to track down a red fox for the challenge.

I do have a silver fox in the freezer due the end of August though. So, if the title were changed to "Another contest- fox" I may be in;) ;)

I would win for sure ;D

10. I would like to get in on this one. I have one in the freezer that im fixing to pull out. Ive only mounted deer so this is going to be a learning experience for me but I think it will be fun and push me to a new level. I agree just reds and time frame is awesome.

11. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Heck, Ill join in too. Ive got two red fox in the freezer waiting to be mounted.

maybe we should go with ribbons this time instead of plaques....it would be cheaper if we had to pay an entrance fee.

12. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I have a pup that I need to do soon. How do I sign up?

13. MHTaxidermy

By saying "sign me up" ;D
    And then send pics to bonepainter before July 1st.

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I guess if AndyO isn't playing I might have a shot. Count me in.

15. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

I'm working with some one right now on getting a red fox, so count me in.

16. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

silver/cross fox ok....technically are red fox.......

17. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

we get two months to mount our fox?

18. I would partake but I have no fox :( Maybe next time!

19. We need a ruling on that. If so I'm in with a silver and Cole is screwed. LOL

20. r-dukes

r-dukes New Member

If we can use a silver fox, I will sign up.