1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another contest- red fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bone_painter, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Ok! Count me in!

2. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Let me know if I can help with the plaques/awards- I also operate an engraving business in my spare time and could cut a good deal;) I have left-overs from larger orders and could throw something together for not very much. Let me know what size you have in mind (5x7, 6x8, 8x10 plaques or height of a trophy- I do have some leopard print columns left over from a kids' event)

If I can come up with a fox, I'm in too- never done one but hey, gotta start somewhere!!

3. Jenaway

Jenaway I never met a person I didn't like!

If there is anyone in Canada with a Red Fox wet tanned for sale, if so could you send me a pm? Thanks, I would like to try and get in on this if I can.

4. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

Ok I'm in, I found a red fox for the contest. Be sending my check out tomorrow for it.

5. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

Oky...
    Sarah, PM me and we will talk about the plaques. I won't have a chance to go to the local trophy shop until Thursday, I'd be happy to deal with you instead anyways :)
    For red/silver/cross- let's put it to a vote. I'll start a poll, I think that will be the best way to settle it. I'm fine either way. I am going to say though, Vulpes vulpes only. No grays, because they are a different species.
    Here's the poll: http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,149134.0.html
    ShedEgo, is two months too long or two short? I want to make sure everyone has time to get foxes, tan them (for those who self tan), order supplies, build habitat and do finish work. This will be the largest animal I've ever mounted, so I have no idea about the time frame. Especially for building the base. I'm also unsure of the drying time frame. Any input would be appreciated.
    I'm so glad everyone is jumping in, this should be fun. Red foxes were my fav. animal when I was a kid :D

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Only problem is, who has time to mount a fox in the required pose? I have plenty of reds to mount, and certainly no time to mount an extra in the specified pose. I see why you do it that way, I just wish I could play too! Oh well, maybe next time...

7. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Bill, I don't think they decided it has to be a certain pose..was just a suggestion someone made.

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I believe thats how they had been doing it, I know they were in the bird category. Regardless, Im just doing gameheads right now, so Im still out of luck, lol. Oh well, right? 8)

9. It's probably for the best you don't enter Bill. I got this thing wrapped up (if they allow a silver). :D

10. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

Bill, it's totally open pose. Sleeping, leaping, running, rolling, playing, strolling, snarling, snapping- creativity is the name of the game for this one :D Andy, looks like you'll be in, the poll is 6 to 12.

11. I dont know, I heard Cole is asking all his buddies to vote red only ;D

12. MHTaxidermy

MHTaxidermy (307) 640-2602

I voted Red, Its 8-13. ;D Silvers will just add interest to the contest. Its going to be fun. :)

13. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

So who's taking odds on this bet Andy ??? :D

14. I'll play. Its a simple customer piece but its got to get done anyway so why not enter it.

15. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

I'm in!

16. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I'm in

17. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

I shot you a pm about the plaques and search for a good fox.

18. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

I'm in, heck I think I can find the time. Just got to pick a pose and habitat.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

BTW, I voted silvers are A-Okay

20. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Yea I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference either. I voted for any.