1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another contest- red fox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bone_painter, Apr 27, 2009.

1. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

But it will make some difference.

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Then mount a silver, and beat the rest of us silly.

3. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

I would, but I already perthist a red before all the other different foxes where mentioned.

4. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

My point is some will vote for silver over red just because they like silver over red.

5. r-dukes

r-dukes New Member

Re: Another contest- red fox
    « Reply #64 on: Today at 01:32:55 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: LightsOut on Today at 01:17:18 PM
    Quote from: Cole on Today at 12:18:27 PM
    Quote from: LightsOut on Today at 10:52:36 AM
    Quote from: Dc taxidermy on Today at 07:35:30 AM
    Yea I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference either. I voted for any.

But it will make some difference.

Then mount a silver, and beat the rest of us silly.

I would, but I already perthist a red before all the other different foxes where mentioned.

My point is some will vote for silver over red just because they like silver over red.

Not necessary, I believe it's all about your creativity, for this contest.

6. bone_painter

bone_painter "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

The voting clearly shows that silvers & cross should be allowed. I can also see that this may turn into a bone of contention because there are quite a few folks who just want plain reds. I want this to stay fun, guys. Don't worry about the color, after all they are all Vulpes vulpes... red fox... the same anatomy, the same exact animal. Just have fun putting together your fox. I am using a plain red & I am going to have a blast putting him together and I am looking forward to seeing all of the other entries ;D

7. bone_painter

BTW folks, there are aprox. 23 people signed up so far... this should be an amazing challenge.

8. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

I look at it like this. I've got a red in the freezer, I want to mount for the showroom. This gives me a good excuse. Its all in fun anyway. If I had the extra cash I'd mount both. But right this minute most of my cash is tide up.

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Then perthist a silver one, and sell your red. ;D

10. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

Yes this is going to be alot of fun, this will be a first mount where I will be putting a prey animal in the same sean and making it all flow together.

11. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

No I'll just do a red fox, after all this is a red fox contest. LOL

12. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

LMAO Cole, all I can think of when I read that was Sylvester from the Loony Tune Cartoons!

[​IMG]

13. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Yeah, I too was wondering what he did to that fox, hahaha.

Hey guys and gals, remember that those silvers are often ranch fox, which means bigger. I never see them mounted very well, as people try to put them on regular sized wild red fox forms. Just a reminder.

14. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Well heck, all I have are greys :(

15. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Becky I've got a freezer full of greys. I got permission today to trap a known red hotspot next year so hopefully I'll have alot more reds next year. I only caught 5 this season.

16. nitt

nitt Member

Now this contest is just for reds man you need alot of time to read through some of these some peeps got the time huh. Sign me up though is there gonna be a fee?

17. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I got my red fox!
    Pretty little thing too ;D

18. Sit back and watch. I may learn ya somthin' ;D ;D

Thats some funny chit right there. I have an extra silver I can perthist him if he really wants to mount one.

19. bone_painter

I'm going to go ahead a say for certain that there will be NO entry fee. If there is a cost for the awards I will cover it. As long as we can all play nice, that is ;D

20. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

you are awesome bone painter :)