1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Badger RENEGADES........World Show..........

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Pescado, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

The New Renegade Series Airbrushes by Badger will be getting their formal introduction to the taxidermy industry next week in St. Charles at the WTC. Informal intro was in Michigan last month, I sold out at that show. I will be in the Badger Airbrush Co. booth demonstrating the Renegades and will have some to sell at "Show Special" prices. If you've been wanting to try one, stop by and run some paint through one. Details as good as a brush that costs 4x as much. Stop by and say hello.

Paul B

2. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Here's one of the many emails I received from taxidermists who purchased one of the new Renegades.

Paul, WOW !!! I didn't know detail could be so easy !! If a brush out there can be any better I don't know how or what kind it could be ! Straight out of the box, lacquer paint, 1 drop retarder and 30 lb's psi and OMG ! THANK THANK THANK YOU ! You just made this ole boy's life one hell of a lot easier,not to mention what it doe's for my work! Thanks again, Michael

3. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM.......thanks.

4. What about us that arent going to the show ?

5. Hey Paul, I will be there also and I love the air brush that I bought at the Michigan show. However I dropped it and broke it is there a way to get parts?

6. axel

axel Member

A few weeks back, I took Paul's and Jim Tucker's advise on the renegade, purchasing the Spirit. Great purchase. If I haven't thanked either one of you yet, thanks for the heads up on this brush. I was working with a Paasche H and initially not convinced that my airbrush was causing me fits with detailing. It was a huge upgrade and would recommend the spirit to anyone to give it a try.

7. I use a bottom feed Iwata now. Is there any real reasons to go with gravity feed or side feed rather than bottom feed?

I will order a Badger tomorrow!

8. dsmithgall

dsmithgall New Member

This airbrush is awesome, I bought one from Paul at the Michigan show- for the price you can't go wrong and this will detail as good as my Iwata.

For anyone wanting a sweet airbrush that will paint super, super detail- without spending a ton of money- See Paul...

9. michaelf

michaelf New Member

If you purchase one it will be money very well spent ! I promise !

10. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Mail sent Paul
    Thanks
    John

11. Travis,
    I have both an Iwata HP-BC and a Badger Spirit airbrush. I bought the Spirit, as a back up to my Iwata. I would also mention that I like to use the small cup that came with the Iwata rather than the gravity feed bottle.
    For the money...the Badger spirit is a good airbrush. Personally, though, cost aside, I prefer the Iwata. The main difference was in the feel of the trigger. The Iwata seemed tighter and a little smoother. Both perform well. ..Just my opinion.

12. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I have had the opportunity to test a Badger Renegade for Badger for a little while now. I love it and the detail you can acheive is awesome. The best benefit to a gravity feed to me is that it takes very little paint and very little air pressure to spray properly thinned paint. This airbrush easily compares to an Iwata and is half the price.

Todd B

13. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Don did you convert your HP-BC or are you doing detail work with a .4mm tip?

14. Thanks for the info guys. I just ordered a Badger Renegade Rage (bottom feed) today. My others are bottom feed and I'm used to it so I didn't wanna change. Not saying my Iwata will go to the back burner but we'll just have wait and see. :D Maybe it will. LOL

Thanks again!

15. "Don did you convert your HP-BC or are you doing detail work with a .4mm tip?"

Paul,
    I am using a crown tip or cap for detail. Not sure of the size, but it is standard for use with the Iwata HP-BC.
    I believe I ordered the side cup along with the crown tip for detail work. Shown below is a pic of the Iwata HP-BC with crown tip and side cup.

16. mbt

mbt New Member

Travis ,Can you give some feed back on that badger when you test it. I'm always looking for tighter detail and I'm in your world of "Bottom Feeders" LOL! Never been converted to the gravity feed, I change colors out frequently and If it is as good as it sounds I might need to add a couple to my stable. God Bless, David

17. LOL Great now you consider us bottom feeders. LOL ;D No problem man. I use the cup and not bottles but I still like the bottom feed.

I still love my Iwata but with all the hype and low price I couldn't resist trying a Renegade. I can't wait to get it.

18. Travis since you already had the bottom feed air brush, you really should have bought the Renegade Velocity top feed it has a cap so spilling is cut out, yes don't ask me how, but with my Iwata HP it seems like I will tilt it too much at times and it is just a real nice brush and I like it if I want to put in four drops or a hundred, and it cleans right up, I use it at 7 to 10 psi and the Renegade Velocity is just such fine detail I am amazed. I also own the Iwata BH and the Iwata Micron, but as long as this Renegade works like it does, the Iwatas will sit. rw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Yeah I've come close a few times tilting a little too much. I just wasn't sure about having that huge cup mounted on top of the gun like that. :-\ Maybe I'm thinking too far into it? LOL

Oh well I like my bottom feed now so I'm sure I'll like this one.

20. I understand, but you don't even know it's there, it actually looks bigger in the pictures than it seems to be in real life. I like it, I am glad they did not make a small cup one and then the larger cup one. This one serves both purpose's. rw