1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Wildlife Gallery (stealing customers?)

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by deer57hunter, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Five-O

Five-O New Member

I hate getting drug in but here it goes...

I've said this before, but the WLG was a taxidermy shop first 15 years or so ago. We started tanning skins for others and the rest as they say is history...

As for the calling of your clients, sometimes. I say this because if a taxidermist is not listed on the shipment we have to call the hunter to make them aware of their shipment and ask them who their taxidermist is. If the taxidermist is listed we call that particular taxidermist. If the hunter say's they don't have a taxidermist, at that point they are referred to me so I can explain our taxidermy service and give them the sales pitch.

I have a recent incident where a prominent safari customer (hunter) of one of our "tanning customers" wanted to change and use WLG taxidermy services. This was handled with personal contact by me to the tanning customer (other taxidermist) explaining the situation. Before excepting the taxidermy work I required a letter of explanation from the hunter stating they were no longer using the previous taxidermist and why. This letter was also forwarded on to our tanning customer and is currently in my file.

We have previously and are currently marketing our taxidermy business and will continue to do so. We are also currently and have previously marketed the tanning business and will continue to do so. We are definatly a business in business to make money and provide for the 120 plus families that we employee.

There is no smoke and mirror tactics that have been eluded to. I just gave you the facts and have documentation to back them up. We will continue being a leader in quality, customer service, and turn around, on both sides of our business, taxidermy and tanning.

I am willing to discuss this issue with anyone that would like. I'm just not on this site to do that. I was informed of this post and took the liberty for the company to give the facts. You will notice that I signed my post and am willing to discuss personally the details of this topic. I'm just not going to set on here and do it behind the computer. Please call me at the office and we can discuss or even stop and see me. Those that know me will tell you that I'm very reasonable to deal with.

Thanks,

Dan Catlin, General Manager
    Custom Taxidermy Studio, 989-561-5369

2. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

If that's what/how it happens then I understand and that makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up.
    So WLG does work for individuals then? The tannery I use only does work for taxidermists.

3. Terry Vining

Terry Vining last photo together

Mi
    Becky. If someone wants their roadkill deer tanned, here is what would happen.
    Joe Roadkill hits a deer with his car. First, He must get a permit from our DNR to keep it. If he skins it out and takes the hide to The Wildlife Gallery Tannery, they will direct Joe to our taxidermy studio (I think it is about 15-20 miles from them) and we will take him as a RETAIL customer. He will pay twice the amount that the tannery would charge a WHOLESALE (taxidermist) customer. That's how we do it. I'm glad explained the safari deal because I'm molding and casting. If someone thinks that is competing against them, then they will do what they need to and hopefully we can both make a living.

4. I personally have not had any dealings with WLG but I'm sure I will in the future. I found out that they opened a shop up here in Texas. Just watched their dvd and they appear very professional. I tan my own capes but will be sending pelts to them for a soft tan.

5. Greed, its simple ti me, they are now in my business and NO WAY will I give them one thin dime. They are getting slower and slower on trun around so stick with who you know and what you know. I know they should stick to tanning.

6. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

The Wildlife Gallery was a taxidermy operation first, and a very good one, I might add. They aren't stealing anything.

7. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

We use them, and there turnaround is very good.