1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I want to congratulate Traven Rowe of Savannah, Ohio for completing my three day Deer Mounting course. We fleshed and tanned four deer capes and mounted two of his deer heads which he bought with him. I have attached photo's of Traven in action turning the ear's and making adjustments to the ears and eyes on his mounts. It was indeed a pleasure working with Traven.

Now is the time for you to consider getting that much needed training. We offer the Best Instruction and our classes are strictly one on one. You bring your capes and antlers and you put them together under the Instruction of John Griffith who is considered one of the World's leading Instructor. Check out our website at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Thanks,

John Griffith

2. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    thanks john..schooling with john is a pleasure he is a very nice guy ,anyone wanting to learn to mount quality whitetail deer should seek out john its well worth the investment!!

3. We had a very busy week here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School. Traven Rowe came back for my advanced class for a week and we mounted 4 Whitetail's. Traven did his first pedestal mount which was a Hugh 8 pt from Ohio. Also, we altered different forms to create the pose he wanted.

Now is the time to seek that training. Don't let time kill you in waiting to make a choice as to where you are going to seek that training. Here at Griffith's Taxidermy School (www.griffithtaxidermy.com) we only do one on one instruction and believe me it's the perfect environment for learning. John Griffith is considered one of the leading Instructor's in the World in Game Head mounting. So, contact us and get started.

Below is some of Traven's work he did this past week.

Traven was a pleasure to work with and his work really shows that he intends to be one of the BEST Game Head Taxidermist in the World. Congratulations again to Traven Rowe of Savannah, Ohio.

4. Below are the photo's of Traven's Big week here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School.

Thanks,

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

5. More Photo's....

John Griffith

6. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    wow what a week john,i guess the altering the doe forum just tops the cake ,
    i was at john griffiths for a week this time and what a week it was,i was really worried about mounting a doe cape that we couldnt find a mannikin for it was just huge and i was stressing out, and john was just laughing,, he said buddy this is taxidermy we have to make things work and i mean to tell you did we ever make a fourm work and look just like it was in nature ,from altering fourms to mounting and finish john griffith is the man to train with,he explains every little thing you do and why you do it and trust me when you understand why you are doing what your doing it seems to come to you alot faster ,it is very clean and comfortable enviroment to work in and ,a great guy to boot,..hey who knows you might be has lucky as i was to hear him sing along with the shop radio :D Hands down if you seek learning you should seek john griffith ..only regret i have was not seeking him out sooner !

7. I want to congratulate Ritchie Dabb of Eden, N.C. for selecting our Big Game Taxidermy School for his advancement in knowledge about Game Heads. Ritchie was a very open minded student and done very well. In two days we fleshed out two whitetails and tanned them. Then on the second day we mounted a complete should mount deer.

You can see Ritchie setting the eyes for our mount. Ritchie will be back in two weeks to mount two whitetails which he took this past hunting season. Watch for further photo's.

Now is the time to seek that much needed training. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game Instructor's so just check us out at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Thanks,

John Griffith

8. We had another student to graduate here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School this week. Jeff Gilreath of Pine Knot, Kentucky completed out whitetail course. Congratulations Jeff on your success and it was a pleasure working with you. Jeff was instructed in the proper capping and fleshing techniques. Also we concentrated on proper horn setting, eye setting, mounting, finishing and painting.

Below you will see him painting and receiving his diploma.

Thanks Jeff,

John Griffith

9. We had another student graduate here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School. Kenny Gribbins of Mt. Eden, Ky. completed our Whitetail mounting course. Kenny was very enthusiastic about learning how to mount Whitetail. It was indeed a joy working with Kenny.

The below photo's show Kenny cleaning the eyes after he had painted them and ofcourse receiving his Diploma.

Congratulations Kenny!

John Griffith

10. Biaoben

Biaoben New Member

You'v got email. JOhn Wang

11. We had another repeat student here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy. Steve Wheeler of Zanesville, Ohio spent 4 days with us and we mounted a Black Bear rug head mount, a full body Black Bear, a pedestal Elk Mount and a Large Whitetail deer shoulder mount. Steve is a very talented person and it really shows in his work. He has been here a couple times before and his work now is top notch as you can see in the below photo's.

Here at Griffith's taxidermy we only instruct students in a one on one environment. John Griffith is one of the World's leading instructors in Big Game Head Mounting. Just ask our students about what's taught here at our studio or check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com Thanks.

John Griffith

12. More work of Steve Wheeler from Zanesville, Ohio

John Griffith

13. More of Steve Wheeler's work.

John Griffith

14. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Hey John,
    Thanks for the compliments, I had a great time, my fingers still hurt from all that sewing. I can't wait to get back and get everything painted up. Just a note, all you guys and gals out there that are thinking about getting help with improving your skills need to give John a try. John and his wife make you feel like part of the family, what nice people. John will work with anyone no matter what your skill level is, beginner or seasoned pro. John will make your work better.
    Steve

15. Just wanted to show some work that Coleman Zell from Covington, Ohio did this week while he was here for Deer head
    Training. Coleman was a very quick learner and we mounted two deerheads and pair of deer feet in two days. It was a pleasure working with Coleman and he will be back in two weeks to finish these deer heads.

If you feel like your work needs improvement now is the time to call John Griffith. John is one of the World's leading Instructors in Big Game Head Mounting. Check our website out at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

John Griffith

16. nuthin fancy

nuthin fancy New Member

nice work guys! mr griffith is a great teacher.joe taylor

17. zebow

zebow New Member

Thanks John,
    I looked into many schools before choosing John's. I know I made the right decision.

18. I just wanted to say Thanks to Troy Schwartz of Owensboro, Ky. for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for his training needs in Big Game mounting. Troy was a very sharp student and he concentrated on detail. It showed in his training and more particular in his work. It was a pleasure working with him and his wife Susan who was his personal Secretary.

Thanks Troy and Susan!

John Griffith'

19. We had another graduate here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School this week. Richie Dabbs of Eden, North Carolina completed our Whitetail course. I want to say Congratulations to Richie for completing the Whitetail course. He was very dedicated to learning and as you can see his Whitetail that he took this past season looks AWESOME.

Thanks Richie for choosing Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for your learning Center. I really enjoyed working with Richie. If there are anyother students out there wanting to take there Big Game Mounts to the next level just give us a call or check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

John Griffith
    606-376-4380
    Stearns, Kentucky

20. Yes, we just had another graduate here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School. I want to congratulate Coleman Zell from Covington, Ohio who completed our Whitetail deer mounting course. Coleman was very concerned with detail and it really showed up in his work. He did a super job in mounting and finishing two or his own deer heads. Thanks Coleman for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for your learning center.

John Griffith