1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I love looking at your students work John. Always great work ;)

Jared

2. We had another busy week here at Griffith's Big Game Head Mounting School. I want to congratulate John Lawrence from McKinney, Texas for coming all the way up here to my training school. John was a very eager and energetic person who wanted to know how to do it all.... We fleshed out two whitetail and then tanned them and then shaved them down and then we did the finishing work on one and mounted up four other deer heads. Congratulations John in earning my Certificate of completion on whitetail training. Great guy to work with and I wish you the BEST in your Taxidermy career.

If you are thinking about seeking training in Gamehead mounting and would like to work with National Champion John Griffith on a one on one basis then just give Big John a call. We would love to work you whether you are a beginner or just trying to improve your work.

Thank goes out to Mr. Ken Edwards who really makes all this happen. Ken your know you are the MAN! Thanks.....................

Best,

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Stearns, Ky

Attached Files:

3. Here is more of John Lawrence work.....

John Griffith

Attached Files:

4. More of John Lawrence work...

John Griffith

Attached Files:

5. Just wanted to post our latest student Troy Anderson from Campbellsville, Kentucky. Troy has been here several times before and usually stays one day due to his job. We put this Whitetail together in one day and had a ball doing it. Thanks Troy and we'll be seeing you again soon. Thanks for your business.

John Griffith

Attached Files:

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Nice, clean work as always. Your students always deliver!!!

way to go john. way to go.

7. This is an ongoing class this week using the Eppley 360 ear liners. I love using these for simplicity and accuracy and you will see. Thanks.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky

Attached Files:

8. Here is more Photo's of the Eppley 360's....

John Griffith

Attached Files:

9. More photo's

John Griffith

Attached Files:

10. More ears...................

John Griffith

Attached Files:

11. More photo's

John Griffith

Attached Files:

12. More photo's...

John Griffith

Attached Files:

13. This is the end.....

John Griffith

Attached Files:

14. murph

murph Member

Hi John,
    This is good info. I too use the eppley liner as you do. I was always wondering if that could be done with leaving the ball on the end and making your own to make it fit. What reference do you use for boring the hole in the form to accept the ball ? This has always been my hang up in trying this.
    Again, great job and yea, wanna learn this technique also.

Thanks, Lance!

15. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Like I always say............We never stop learning NEW tricks in the trade..............
    Good Idea Big John!!!

16. I want to say Thanks to Ronnie Steele of St. Mary's, WVa for spending a week here at my Big Game Head Mounting School. We were really busy first we fleshed out two deer capes and then tanned them. Then we mounted up four whitetails and did the finishing work on one. I also want to congratulate Ronnie in receiving my Certificate of completion on Whitetail mounting. Again, I really want to Thank you for selecting Griffith's Big Game Head Mounting School for your learning center and we really appreciate your business here. Ronnie was a Great Guy to work with and he just couldn't get enough knowledge but I believe we filled the bill here. Ha. Thanks for everything Ronnie and the Best to you in your Taxidermy Career.

If anyone is interested in seeking training in Big Game Head Mounting we would like to offer you a look at our program. If you would like to work in an environment conducive to learning in a one on one environment and work with National Champion John Griffith then give us a call. We can work out a training program to suit your schedule and financial situation.

Again, Special Thanks goes out to the WASCO Crew; Mr. Ken Edwards for making all this happen. Thanks KEN.......

Best,

John Griffith

Stearns, Ky

Attached Files:

17. Here is more of Ronnie Work...

JOhn Griffith

Attached Files:

18. More of Ronnie's work.....

John Griffith

Attached Files:

19. steele

steele New Member

Thanks John I had a great time I learned alot and I hope to see you again

20. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    Big John,

Your students are doing some top notch work there. I've also heard that you run the class in a very professional manner and by the looks of this thread I would say that I have to agree. Keep up the great work. My hats off to you sir!