1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Nice work and photos.

2. dbess

dbess New Member

Great work guys!

3. richie166

richie166 New Member

John is the BEST I had an awesome time there with John

4. Good Morning Everyone,

Well, Sandy and I have been gone since the 12th of April to attend the World Championships and we extended our vacation to tour Oregon, Calif, Ariz, N. Mex, Tex and back home. I really enjoyed the show and especially meeting my old friends John Matthews, Ken Walker, Brian Dobson, Rick Carter, Joe Meder and lots of new friends. Had a blast and saw lots of Outstanding work. I want to say Congratulations to all those new winners and sorry for those that didn't win.. Better luck next time.... That's just the way it is...

OK, we're down to serious training again. Chris Mohler from Ohio was down yesterday for some Whitetail training and will be back again for mounting a full body 500 lb black bear. Chris was a very attentive and great guy to work with. His wife came with him and we all had a GREAT learning experience. It was indeed a pleasure working with Chris and hope him the best in his learning experience. Thanks Chris for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for your training needs.

If anyone out there has a desire to learn how to mount Big Game animals give us a call. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game instructors. Give John a call at 606-376-4380 or visit our website for more details at www.griffithtaxidermy.com.

John Griffith

5. Congratulations to Steve Wheeler of Zanesville, Ohio. Steve came down and spent 4 days with us around the middle of March, 2007 and we mounted a Full Body Black Bear, Black Bear Rug, Elk Pedestal Mount and a Deer head. Well, this weekend Steve came back and we finished it all. Thanks Steve we enjoyed working with you. You're a Great Guy.

Check the above post for March 19th, 2007 and you will see how we put it all together. Now it's completed.

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

6. We want to congratulate Mr. John Wang from Beijing, China. Mr. Wang was overwhelmed with our School's work ethics and Outstanding work. During his eight day stay with us we mounted an action mounted running Full-Body Timber Wolf, full-body Bobcat, three deer heads and done the finishing work on one deer head.

Mr. Wang graduated with full honors from our school and it was a pleasure working with him. He will be coming back to learn how to mount African mounts. Thanks John for selecting Griffith's taxidermy for your learning needs. We would like to encourage other students to take a look at us at www.griffithtaxidermy.com and make the right decision in selecting us in your taxidermy learning process. All our instruction in strictly one on one which is the Best environment for learning in our opinion. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructor's.

Again, we want to say Thanks to Mr. John Wang for selecting us for his Taxidermy Training.

John Griffith
    606-376-4380

7. Here is Mr. Wang working on an altered bobcat manikin and then the final mount.

8. Here is John setting the rack, eyes and mounting a Whitetail Deer.

9. Here's John doing the finishing work on a Whitetail mount as well as Graduating and receiving his Diploma.

Thanks again John. You did a GREAT job in finishing that Whitetail.

10. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    cool any more pics of the wolf?

11. Here's a couple more Photo's of the Timber Wolf.

John Griffith

12. mount looks good, that was the wolf i sold him right?

13. Hey Rich,

Yes, that was the wolf that you sold him. It was a really nice skin to work with. But, for this pose we had some alterations. We had a ball mouting this wolf. Thanks for an outstanding skin.

John Griffith

14. We had another student graduate from Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School. We want to congratulate Chris Mohler from Covington, Ohio. This made Chris's second trip here. On this trip we finished a Whitetail deer head and mounted a Boar. Thanks Chris for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for your training needs. We appreciate your business.

The below Boar was mounted on Rick Carter's Boar Manikins. I love mounting on these manikins because Rick has made it so easy to mount them.

Thanks,

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com
    606-376-4380

15. Biaoben

Biaoben Member

Thank you very much, John. I am sorry to post comment so late I came back home and had a very very busy week.
    You are the best instructor. I had zero taxidermy experience before I went to your school. there are many good taxidermists, but not all of them are good instructors, like Chinese words:" cooking food with teapot", you cann't pour the food out, even it's very deliciours. John is the guy who can pour his "food" out, it is real good.
    Also I want to thank Sandy, John' wife, she makes very good meal.
    John Wang

16. John, I just wanted you to know that it was a pleasure working with you. You were a very attentive and sharp student and believe it or not we didn't have a communications barrier. Ha. Actually John spoke and wrote English better than I. We mounted a Full Body Timber Wolf, a Full body Bob Cat and 3 Deer heads and then did the Finish work on a Deer Head. All this in 8 days.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to give you a Diploma. You earned it because we didn't stop working the entire time you were here Congratulations!

OK, now is the time to consider getting that much needed training you been considering. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game Instructor so give us a call or visit us on the web at: www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Thanks,

John Griffith
    606-376-4380

17. SCHWARTZ

SCHWARTZ New Member

JOHN GRIFFITHS BIG GAME SCHOOL IS AWESOME AND IT IS AFFORDABLE FOR ANYONE. HE TAUGHT ME MORE IN TWO DAYS THAN I HAVE LEARNED IN A LIFETIME . I CANT WAIT TO HEAD BACK FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. ANY TAXIDERMISTS THAT WANT TO GET BETTER, NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO LEARN, SO WHETHER YOU ARE A BEGINNER OR A SEASONED PRO; BIG JOHN HAS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED. EXPERTISE. THANKS BIG JOHN! YOU ARE INCREASING MY NET WORTH. TROY AND SUSAN SCHWARTZ

18. Here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School this past week we were very busy mounting record book BUCKS.. I want to Thank Kurt Hergenrother of Pleasant Plains, Illinois for choosing Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for his training needs. Kurt was an awesome student paying attention to detail work. During his 6 days here we fleshed and tanned two Hugh capes, did the finishing work on two deer heads and mounted 4 whitetails; two being over the 200 score. It was a pleasure working with Kurt and the outcome of his mounts are incredible. Thanks Kurt and we hope you the Greatest of Success in your Taxidermy journey and it was a pleasure to present you with your diploma.

OK, now is the time to get those mounting skills worked on before hunting season gets here. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructors. If you feel like you need additional training just give John a call at 606-376-4380 or check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Thanks,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky

19. More photos of Kurt putting together these Big Bucks:

John Griffith

20. Here's a couple more photos of Kurts Big Bucks. These are over the 200 mark. Thanks.

John Griffith