1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I would like to take this time to Congratulate one of my former students Michael Little of Bostrop, La. Michael sent me a couple photo's of his Award winning mount winning First Place in the Professional Division at the Lousiana Taxidermy competion a couple weeks ago. Thanks Michael for sending me a photo of that beautiful mount. It really shows that you have put forth a lot of time and effort in winning your ribbon. No doubt that you are one of the Best Whitetail Taxidermist in Lousiana. As you know these first place ribbons are not easily to come by as you can attest to. Michael came to my Big Game Mounting School about 4 years ago and has constantly improved on his whitetail mounting. Great work and keep it up. Thanks.

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    606-376-4380

[​IMG]

2. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

He learned from one of the best Big John......It's no wonder!

3. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Beautiful work!!

4. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Thanks for the kind words Mr. John. You are a great teacher and I learned more than just the basics from you. This being my first, first place ribbon in a compt was great, but what made it a little more special to me was that it was one of my customers mounts. I went and picked it up from him 2 days before the competition and he was very proud of it winning a first. I was 2 points from the best of category.

Thanks again for all you have done.

Michael L

5. bryanP

bryanP New Member

good work as always big john !!!!!

6. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Big John!!!! 100,000 views is a true testimony to your commitment to provide the opportunity for so many to reach their goal both personally and professionly!!! Congratulation my good friend!!!! You are a great mentor to do many and a true getalman!!!

Your friend

Rick Krane

7. Wow that is awesome, but really not surprising. Big john is truly one of the best in every sense and not hard to see why so many of us try to fallow his wisdom. Congrats John.

8. Troy Rose

Troy Rose Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

Way to go John, my hat goes off to you. Keep up the excellent work!

9. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Very impressive work by your students John.

10. I just wanted to say Thanks to Chris Lee from Logan county Ky. Chris choose my 3 day whitetail course and we had a ball. We got into the fleshing, tanning first and then advanced on into discussing the important areas like eye setting, antler placement, and ear butt anatomy. Chris was extremely eager to learn an I am quite certain we will see him in some High caliber competitions. Thanks Chris for selecting Griffith Big Game Taxidermy School. We really appreciate your business and hope you the Best in the future.

Best,

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Below Chirs is fleshing out a cape and doing some repair on a tanned whitetail cape...

Attached Files:

11. Here Chris is learning how to set eyes and also tucking them...

John Griffith

Attached Files:

12. We mounted these two whitetail and fleshed and tanned two deer capes in his 3 day class.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky

Attached Files:

13. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Its always a pleasure to check out your students' work Big John.
    What you're teaching them are good solid taxidermy skills, and it shows in thier finished mounts. Nice work everyone.

14. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

I agree. John's a top notch instructor. and a pretty cool guy. Met him in Kansas a couple years ago.

15. I would like to say THANKS to Bill and Shawn for those nice comments. Coming from two Professionals like you guys means a lot. I appreciate it and good luck to both you guys.

Best,

John Griffith

16. We had a very busy week here last week. I also want to say THANKS to Kathy Whitaker of Greeville, Ky for taking my 5 day deer head class. Kathy was a great person to work with and we discussed many things pertaining to the anatomy of the Whitetail deer. We discussed the setting and practiced many times the setting of the eyes. Also we discussed the muzzle and ear butts and finally we did the finishing work of a whitetail mount. During her 5 day class here we fleshed out two deer capes and tanned them. Then we put 4 deer mounts together and did the finishing work on another. Very busy week and finally I got to present Kathy with my Certificate of Completion of the Whitetail Deer mounting Class. Thanks Kathy for selecing Griffith's Big Game Mounting School for your Taxidermy Training. We really do appreciate your business and if there is anyone elso out there desiring Whitetail deer traiing we would appreciate it if you look at us VERY Close. Thanks.

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    606-376-4380

Attached Files:

17. Here is a couple photo's of Kathy setting whitetail deer eyes....

John Griffith

Attached Files:

18. Here is Kath with one of the four deer we mounted up and also Kathy receiving here Certificate of completion. Congratulations Katy!

John Griffith

Attached Files:

19. I just wanted to say THANKS to Todd Brown from Hinton, W.Va for coming down and taking my 3 day Whitetail class. Todd was a very detailed person and a Great person to work with and we had a ball. We started out fleshing out two deer capes and then tanned them. Then we mounted up two whitetails in which the first one was a table pedestal mount. I want to thank Todd for selecting my Big Game Mounting School for his game head training. Also, I really appreciate your business and hope to work with you again.

If there is anyone out the contemplating any Big Game Head Training I would like for you to take a serious look at our program. If you have any questions just email them to me. We really appreciate your consideration. Thanks.

John Griffith

Below are photo's of Todd fleshing and turning the ears....

Attached Files:

20. Here is a couple photo's of Todd sewing and mounting...

John Griffith

Attached Files: