1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Here is Todd's mounted whitetails we did together...

John Griffith

Attached Files:

2. I just wanted to say Thanks to Doug Dillinger of Shelburn, Indiana for choosing Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for his training needs. Doug choose my 5 day class and we fleshed out two deer capes and then tanned them. Then we mounted up 4 sh mts.We had a ball and I really enjoyed working with Doug because he was tireless full of energy and ready to go;what a go getter. Anyway, we discussed many things pertaining to the anatomy of the whitetail deer especially the eyes, ears and muzzle area. Finally we did the finishing work on a whitetail mount that really show the details. Also it was a pleasure for me to present Doug with my Certificate of completion in which he earned dearly. Thanks Doug for selecting my Big Game Head school of your training and I really appreciate your business.

If anyone else out there is contemplating any Big Game Head Training give me a call at 606-376-4380 or email me. We would enjoy working with you to get you on the right path. Thanks to all my Past Students who have made me what I am in my Training program. I enjoyed working with everyone of you and I hope you enjoyed my program. Thanks.

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Attached Files:

3. Here is Doug putting hide paste on the manikin and also using a dremel to sculpt out the nose passage.

John Griffith

Attached Files:

4. Here is Doug with the 4 deer we mounted and then Doug receiving my Certificate of completion....

John Griffith

Attached Files:

5. I want to express my sincere THANKS to Eric Ealy of Russel Springs, Ky. Eric came down last week and took my 3 day deer class in which we fleshed out two deer capes and then tanned them. We then spent the rest of the class studying the anatomy of the whitetail and then using live references to mount up two deer heads that he had brought for his class. It was a pleasure working with Eric and I expect to see him again soon for his finishing class.

Now is the time to consider that needed training in Game Heads. If you feel like you want to discuss some type of Big Game Head training just email me or call. We really appreciate your business. Many Thanks and Happy Turkey Day coming up to all my fellow Taxidermist.

John Griffith

Below Eric is taking out the ear cartilage and then putting hide paste on the ear skin...

Attached Files:

6. Here Eric is learning how to sculpt eyes and remembering the most important factor in eye setting; contour and shape.

Attached Files:

7. Here Eric is mounting up two deer heads using all the appropriate references....

Attached Files:

8. Here Eric has completed mounting up two whitetail deer heads. One is in an aggressive pose and the other is rather alert....

Attached Files:

9. I wish to Congratulate Eric Ealy for coming back and earning my Certificate of Completion of mounting Whitetails. Thanks Eric and I really enjoyed working with you. Wish you the BEST in Taxidermy. Thanks.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky

Attached Files:

10. bbhunter

bbhunter New Member

Hey John, hope all is well. I really enjoyed the class and have started some of my own mounts for myself and some friends. So far so good. I am thinking about trying a turkey class. Any advice or references? Anyone you cant go wrong with John's class very informative and John makes it easy to learn. I went into class with little to no knowledge and John took it in stride and I learned a ton.
    Thanks again John.
    Doug D.

11. Canada12

Canada12 New Member

Good day. i'm new to Taxidermy.net and i'm Canadian. I have ben struggling for some time now to find a place to get educated on taxidermy. Ewverything on the web seems to be american, however i have not been able to go through each topic or postas of yet.

Can anyone give me some info or contact information of a taxidermy place in Canada? Specifically in the province of Ontario close to Ottawa?

Thanks for anything you can pass on.

12. We had a ball here putting this Elk mount together this week. Also, we had a few small alterations to the head etc. Thanks.

John Griffith

[​IMG]MG]

13. Here is a better photo of the elk we mounted. Thanks.

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy

Attached Files:

14. We just wanted to show a couple mounts that we did this week. If anyone out there is seriously interested in furthering there training in Big Game just take a serious look at our program. Strictly one on one with a proven record. Thanks Ken for letting us post on the Taxi- Net.

Thanks,

John Griffith

Attached Files:

15. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Very nice work!

16. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    John puts on some excellent workshops down there at his place. Give him a try, you'll be glad you did.

17. Biaoben

Biaoben Member

You can prctise a lot at John's studio!

18. We just wanted to say THANKS to Fabian Begley from Jackson Co., Ky for coming down and spending 3 days with us learning how to mount up a couple whitetail Deer. We fleshed out two deer capes and then tanned them and then we studied parts of the whitetail deer like the eye setting, ear butt placement an skin alignment. I really enjoyed working with Fabio who was very eager to learn an a heck of a nice guy. Best of luck in the Future to you and I wish you the BEST.

If anyone else out there is thinking about seeking training in Big Game Head mounting just take a look at us. Last Aug 24th here in KY we won Best of Show at the 24th annual Deer Classic held in Powderly, Ky with our Deer Head Mount. We just hope you take a close look at us because we have a proven record. Thanks.

John Griffith

Below we are fleshing and learning eye setting

Attached Files:

19. Here we have mounted up two deer heads....

Attached Files:

20. Just a Big Thanks to Matt Cannon of Caneyville, Ky who came down for some whitetail deer training. Matt and I fleshed out two deer capes and then tanned them and then we mounted up two whitetails and did the finished work on a whitetail. Also a big congratulations to Matt for completing my Whitetail program which entitled him to receive my Certificate of Completion. Thanks Matt for coming down and taking my course. Matt is going to be one of the upcoming Taxidermist here in Ky. Very sharp guy and very knowledgable person.

We are having a lot of fun here mounting up Game Heads and if anyone out there wants or seeking training look us up. We have MANY Blue ribbon students who have attended out school. Knowledge is everything an we try our best to teach you to produce Quality work. OK, a big Thank you to Mr. Ken Edwards who lets up communicate among each other on this Taxidermy Net.

Best,

John Griffith

Below photo's are of Matt fleshing and eye setting.

Attached Files: