1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. kurt

kurt Member

Hey John,
    Just wanted to take the time and thank you for the most informative 6 days of gamehead training I've had. I can honestly say I now have the foundation to create the ALIVE look I've been looking for. Your hands on approach and the way you explain things are second to none. If anyone out there is on the fence as to go to a expensive/overcrowded school or attend John 's workshop. Go with the workshop. I made the mistake going to a expensive/overcrowded school and it took John's workshop to straighten me out. You can't go wrong with training by a 2 time world champion in gameheads.

GIT-R-DONE !!
    Kurt Hergenrother

2. OK, we just wanted to say "Congratulations" to Troy Schwartz of Owensboro, Kentucky who graduated today. Troy and his lovely wife Susan came back and finished up with his finishing class and done an Outstanding Job. Thanks for choosing "Griffith's Big Game Head Taxidermy School" for your taxidermy training needs.

Now is the time for you to sharpen up on those taxidermy skills because hunting season is just around the corner. Let us be the one to give you that much needed training. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructor's. So, give us a call or visit us on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Thanks,

John Griffith
    606-376-4380
    Stearns, Ky

3. We had another student this week from Bloomfield, Kentucky Mr. Phillip Johnson. Phillip was a very energetic and super student. It was a pleasure working with you Phil and we hope you the Best in your Taxidermy Journey Phil did a super job in sculpting the eyes and mounting his Whitetail deer. Good Luck to you Phil.

4. I want to say thanks to Roger Ivey and Seth Schiesser of Lynchburg, Tn who attended our Big Game Head Taxidermy School this week. Roger and Seth where very anxious to learn the techniques that it takes to produce a top quality mount. Thanks to both of you for selecting "Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School" for your learning center. Here at our school we implement the most modern techniques available to the industry. We take pride in our training techniques and working with our students. If you have any doubts take a look at there work and you will know why they choose " Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School" to learn the art of Big Game Head Mounting taxidermy.

Take a look at us at www.griffithtaxidermy.com and make a positive decision to come to our Big Game Head Taxidermy School.

Thanks,

John Griffith
    606-376-4380
    Stearns, Ky

5. Below is Seth Schiesser of Lynchbury, Tn work with his deer mount. Great job Seth I really enjoyed working with you and Roger. Keep up the good work.

John Griffith

6. 130orbetter4me

130orbetter4me New Member

A WORD ABOUT JOHN GRIFFITH: I have not attended John's actual school, but, I did have the privilege to have his help years ago. His knowledge and assistance helped me progress substancially. He helped me complete my 1st lifesize WT and made me aware of the importance of reference material and other details as well. I now have no problem getting $525 for a basic WT mount. The student's work that i've seen on here looks great- keep up the great work!! Thank You John for your help!

PS He got that beautiful Sika skin from me years back and he loves Bologna too!! Wally Taylor- Maryland

7. Hey Walt, Thanks for those kind works and I haven't forgotten when we put that Full Body Whitetail together. Been some time now and I believe your Father was there to supervise us; I really liked him. I just want people to know that Walt Taylor is an Outstanding Whiteail taxidermist in that Eastern Shore, Hurlock, Cambridge Maryland area. Oh, Yes I still do like Bologna especially Oscar Mayer thin sliced. Ha......

Take care and again thanks for those Kind Words.... Oh, I forgot to mention that if anyone needs any Jawsets for a sika deer o/m contact Walt. He has his own line that he molded and they are Excellent....

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

8. We want to say Thanks to Shannon Jones of Columbia, Tn who chose "Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School" for his training needs in Big Game Head Mounting. Shannon was a very meticulous student who strives for excellence. Take a look at the record book BUCKS we mounted in my 3 day class on Whitetail Techniques. During these 3 days we discussed the mounting process in detail and applied those techniques to achieve our goal of mounting a successful whitetail shoulder mount.

Again THANKS to Shannon Jones. We appreciate your business and I am looking forward to working with you again in the near futrue.

OK, now is the time to get those mounting skills in operation for this upcoming hunting season. If you need help in your Game Head mounting take a look at us on www.griffithtaxidermy.com and also read the above thread on what our Student's say about our Training.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    606-376-4380

9. We have more photos of Shannon Jones mounting these record BUCKS.....

John Griffith

10. Those Meder forms sure mount up nice.

11. I would like to Congratulate Phillip Johnson, Jr. of Bloomfield, Kentucky for completing our whitetail deer course. It was indeed a pleasure working with Phil and it was an honor to give him his Diploma. Great job Phil just keep up the GREAT work

If any one else is out there wanting to learn or sharpen up on there skill level in Big Game Taxidermy just give us a call at 606-376-4380 or visit us on the WEB: www.griffithtaxidermy.com Our students come from all over the world to work with John Griffith who is one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructor's. Just check our student's work out in the above thread and you will know why. Thanks.

John Griffith

12. I just want to say Congratulations to Roger Ivey and Seth Schiesser both from Lynchbury, Tn. for completing my whitetail deer course. It was indeed a pleasure working with both of you and it was a GREAT pleasure for me to present each of you with your Diploma. Great work Roger and Seth.

If any one out there is contemplating on some Big Game Head Training we would like to offer you our program. You can select 2-3 days or 1-2 week programs it's all up to you. John Griffith one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructor's is ready to welcome you into our program. Check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com or give us a call at 606-376-4380. Thanks.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky

13. I want to say Thanks to Shannon Jones of Columbia Tn. who completed our Deer mounting course and a little extra in mounting a Bobcat. It was a pleasure working with Shannon and I want to say Congratulations on receiving your Diploma. Good Luck in your Taxidermy journey.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky

14. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Wow, phenominal work!! Shannon's deer really have that "big buck look" not just the racks, those help, but in the neck and head as well. Are those repros or original horns? They look pretty darn good. Great work to all your students.

15. Jimmy thanks for those kind words and YES those are reproduction racks that Shannon Jones used and they were purchased off e-bay and the sellers name is whitepineswamp aka Trophy Rack Reproduction. He produces some of the most realistic racks made and they are easy to work with. Those forms are None Other than MEDER manikins. Thanks.

John Griffith

16. Biaoben

Biaoben Member

They did great works!

17. I want to say Congratulations to Steve Fulkerson of BRANSON, MO for completing my Whitetail deer class this week. Steve was a very sharp student and you can tell it by the quality of his work. We fleshed out two deer capes and then tanned them then we did the finishing work on two whitetails and lastly we mounted 3 deer heads in the four days that he spent here. It was indeed an honor for me to present Steve with his Certificate. Thanks Steve.

If anyone out there is in need of improvement on there Game Head Mounting now is the time to contact us. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructors and would like for you to look at our work on this thread and my website at www.griffithtaxidermy.com Give us a call at 606-376-4380.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky

18. I want to say thanks to Doug Estey of Sevierville, Tn. for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for his learning center for mounting Deer Heads. Doug spent almost two days here and we completely fleshed out, tanned and mounted one. Doug was very excited and a very talented person. Thanks Doug and it was Great working with you He will be coming back to complete the finishing work in a couple of weeks.

OK, now is the time to start improving those mounting skills. We offer a 3 day course on up to two weeks. Contact us NOW for a class. Thanks.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    606-376-4380

19. I just want to say Congratulations to Doug Estey of Se vierville, Tn. for competing my Deer head course. It was indeed a pleasure for me to present him with his much earned Certificate of completion. Thanks Doug for selecting Griffith' Big Game Head Taxidermy School for your training needs in mounting Big Game mounts.

Anyone out there wanting to learn from one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructor's please contact John Griffith at www.griffithtaxidermy.com or call 606-376-4380 for a class. We appreciate your business and we work extra hard trying to keep you up to date on the most current techniques in this business of learning. Thanks.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    606-376-4380

20. We are now accepting students for the upcoming winter months. We offer work shop classes on a 1-day; 3-day; one week; and two week terms. We try to work with you and your schedule and not break your wallet at the same time. This past year was one of our BEST ever. We had students come here from all over the WORLD and yes even Beijing, CHINA. So, if you are interested in learning from one of the World's leading Big Game Instructor (John Griffith) now is the time for you to contact him for a class in Big Game mounting. Learn from one who has a prov-en record day after day in mounting Big Game.

In our classes you will learn how to cape out a Game Head properly; flesh it out properly and then learn how to tan it properly. After these steps are taught you will learn how to properly put together a game head. You will learn how to set the antlers. How to properly set the eyes for the expression you are looking for and then you will learn the art of finishing. You will learn how to properly finish a mount in using the different types of apoxies and then you will learn how to us an air brush and how to properly apply the proper paints to achieve the most realist mount possible.

So, if you are thinking about training then you should contact John Griffith at "Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School" in Stearns, Kentucky. Check out the above thread thoroughly and if you have any questions about our program contact us or even contact our students. They are the one's that have made us one of the leading Work Shop School's in the Industry.

Also, check us out on the web at: www.griffithtaxidermy.com

We want to extend out THANKS to all the past students who have attended our Work Shop and wish them well in their journey doing TAXIDERMY. Each of you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380