1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Here is Robert with his mounts.

John Griffith

Attached Files:

2. TNRebel

TNRebel New Member

Thanks for three great days John. I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to coming back to learn to finish these mounts. Your one on one method of teaching is great. Thanks for answering what must have been almost a million questions! To anyone looking to learn from one of the best, and a really nice guy to boot, you need look no farther than Griffiths Taxidermy.

3. I just wanted to say a Big Thanks to Danny Field of Jourdanton, Texas for selecting my Big Game Taxidermy School for his Taxidermy training. It was indeed a pleasure to work with Danny in Fleshing, Finishing and mounting up two whitetail deer while he was here for 3 days. We discussed the process of mounting in detail as well as the anatomy of the Whitetail Deer. Since Danny Fleshed, finished work and Mounting he qualified for my Certificate of Completion. Again, Thanks Danny for selecting my school for your Taxidermy Training and for traveling nearly 1,300 miles one way just to get here. WOW

If any one else out there is contemplating on seeking some Big Game Head Mounting look at us very closely. We have hundreds of students out there and we really get into the nitty gritty of FLESHING & Mounting. Give John a call at 606-376-4380

Below is Danny doing some FLESHING and Finishing work on a deer head.

Attached Files:

4. Here is Danny eye setting and a finished deer we did...

John Griffith

Attached Files:

5. Below is Danny adjusting the eye skin and Best of all here is Danny when I presented him with my "CERTIFICATE of COMPLETION in Mounting a WHITETAIL DEER" Congratulations Danny!

Attached Files:

6. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Nice work you and your studuents are doing there John.
    Keep up the good work.

7. txcalfroper30

txcalfroper30 New Member

I can not say enough about the training i did with John Griffith.What i learned in three days was worth way more than the cost of the training. Hell just to learn how to flesh a cape like Mr Griffith is wort the total cost..I had the chance to mount two deer and finish one.You will be busy non stop you are completely hands on and the one on one will help it sink in much easier.The only regret i have was waiting so long to go to his class. I will for sure be going back to learn some more.
    thank you so much Mr. Griffith
    Danny

8. I want to say Thanks to Bill Hutchinson of Marietta, Ohio for selecting my Big Game Head Training School for his learning needs. Bill was suppose to stay 5 days but we mounted it all up in 4 days. We mounted a Whitetail deer shoulder mount, a Mule Deer Shoulder mount, two Elk Shoulder Mounts in four days. Bills largest elk had a lot of repairs to his antlers. I believe they were 7 points broken off and the main beam was broken midways completely. This was a major repair but we did it. Bill was a Great Student and I truly enjoyed working with him. Thanks again Bill.

Below is a photo of his broken elk antlers and what we had to work with.

Attached Files:

9. Here Bill is mounting up his two elk....

Attached Files:

10. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Very impressive work from your students !

11. Thanks to Robert Shoemake of Cookville, Tn for coming back and finishing up his Whitetail deer training with me. Since Robert finished my Whitetail course it was a pleasure for me to present to him my Certificate of Completion. Thanks again Robert it was a pleasure working with you.

[​IMG]

12. I am so sorry that our Training program has been suspended for the past 5 months. We had some major projects that we had to finish. But, we are ready for the new year. If you would like to work one on one then you might want to take a hard look at us. We have been training students for over 15 years and we have hundreds of successful students from all over the World.

Anyway, I want to wish all my fellow Taxidermist a Very Merry Xmas & Happy New Years!

John Griffith
    Www.griffithtaxidermy.com
    Stearns, Ky

13. Just wanted to give a Big Thank You to Sam Miller of Lexington, Ky for choosing our Big Game Head Taxidermy School for his learning in mounting Whitetails. On our first day we fleshed out two deer capes and tanned them. Then we mounted up one together explaining ever minute detail in the process of putting one together. Thanks again Same for choosing our Big Game Head Taxidermy School.

If anyone else out there is thinking about advancing there knowledge in Big Game Head Mounting contact John Griffith. We have had hundreds of students to attend our school and some have advanced way beyond in this business.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    606-376-4380

Attached Files:

14. Here is one we just put together and working on another one.

Attached Files:

15. Just wanted to say a Big Thank You to Sam Miller for completing my Whitetail Class. Doing so Sam qualified for my Certificate of Completion and it was an honor for me to present it to him. In order to receive my Certificate you must flesh and tan, mount a whitetail deer and do the finishing work. Thanks Sam I appreciate You!

If anyone else is contemplating some training in Big Game Head Mounting take a serious look at us. We have hundreds of students and take NO short cuts. It's all one on one training and every step is explained in detail. So if you are serious give John a call.....

Thanks,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Ky
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Attached Files:

16. Troy Rose

Troy Rose Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

Great looking stuff John, it's always inspiring to see your work!

17. Hello Everyone! Been a while since I been here. I still see some fantastic work out there. Here is a couple we put together.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      85.2 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      83.5 KB
      Views:
  18. 3021E09E-BC3D-40BD-9A47-DCFC3ADE79D5.jpeg I just mounted this wall ped