1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    nice mounts....looks like your keeping busy jon....see ya soon!

2. I want to say Thanks to Traven Rowe of Savannah, Ohio for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for his training needs. Traven is what I will call one of my advanced Students because he has been here several times before. He started out here two years ago and now in the advance stages of learning taxidermy as you will see in the below photos. Traven is a fast learner and it is always a pleasure working with him. This week we mounted two full bodied black bears in what I will call special poses.

Now is the time to consider seeking that much needed training. Our school is strictly one on one training and this really creates the best environment for learning. John Griffith is one of the World's leading Big Game Taxidermy Instructor's. So, look at this thread and you make the decision whether it's worth it or not. Also, check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Thanks,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

3. Here is the second Black Bear Traven mounted and this Bear and it's supposed to be sitting on a rock. Thanks.

John Griffith

4. Great work by your students, John ! Very impressive whitetails and bears .

5. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    wow john what a intense...week .....them bears are something...john is one of the best when it comes to teaching someone what they are doing its not only that ..what really helps things set in is no matter what your doing with john he explains why you need to do it and what will happen if you don't...(example)john says ruff the form up...now you may wondering why you want to scratch something up for two hours...after your sweating and ready to say this is dumb...john explains if you don't ruff this form the hide paste on the skin will not stick right without drumming.....and 2 days of mounting is gone to waste...john goes into depth detail on everything eyes on game heads...sculpting forms...etc...the main thing i like about schooling with john is.... well besides his singing and listening to Tadio...is the quality work that he helps his students to put out...do you want to mount a deer head or do you want to mount a deer head with quality..yea i may sound like a spokes person for john...but in all thats not it I'm trying to help the new guys.. i went down that long road of wasting thousands of dollars to learn and be taught the halfass poor quality way...and trust me why waste your money...research who you school with and make sure they can back up their talk...in my eyes hands down john is one of thee BEST!!  Thanks john ...its been a pleasure and i will always be back to freshening my skills and learn my next step in the taxidermy world.....

6. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

I'm just 2 wks away from going to attend Mr. Griffiths game head course and I can't wait. All I can say is I hope my heads look as good as all the rest of his students. Mr. John, I will be getting in touch with you this next week. Looking ofrward to learning with you.
    Thanks
    Michael

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Man, I love looking at your thread. Your students really put out some outstanding peices. They owe it all to natural talent, and an outstanding teacher. Well done.

8. Hey Guys; Many Thanks for those kind words and it's much appreciated. We just try to earn our money here.....

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com
    Stearns, Kentucky

9. I just want to say Thanks to Dan Napier of Stanton, Kentucky for selecting Griffith's Big Game Head Taxidermy School for his Training Center. We really had a very busy two days putting together some pretty Big Deer taken here in Kentucky. I really enjoyed working with Dan who is a very talented person. Dan can just about do anything. Thanks again Dan for selecting my school for your training.

Anyone else out there who is seeking training where the instruction is strictly one on one give us a call or check us out at www.griffithtaxidermy.com or just scroll through this thread and you will see how it's done.

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

10. Here is Dan's second deer he mounted. Two really nice Bucks.

John Griffith

11. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

John!!!! Big time congratulations on a successful school and hitting 10,000 views! Thats is a big accomplishment and a testimony to your teachings and to your talented students!!!! You are a great guy and a wonderfully gifted instructor!
    Your friend
    Rick Krane

12. I would like to express my Thanks to Kurt Hergenrother of Pleasant Plains, Illinois for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy for the Third time for his Whitetail training needs. Kurt is spending 6 days here with us and 3 of them have passed and we have mounted 3 whitetails shoulder mounts during this time frame. Stay tuned for the other 4 that we hope to get mounted by the end of this week. Kurt is truly an inspired Whitetail taxidermist and takes everything very serious. You can tell how serious he really is when you look at his whitetails.

Now is the time to get that much needed training. Contact John Griffith for a class that will meet your personal needs. Remember all of our classes are one on one. Check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky

13. This is the second deer that Kurt mounted.

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky

14. This is Kurt's third deer which was mounted today.

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky

15. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    very nice kurt..looking forward to seeing more pics john

16. Biaoben

Biaoben Member

Great work,John, I like the new fox on the wall. John Wang

17. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Good Job Kurt,Those mounts look good!! Seems you have a good teacher....Tom King

18. OK, here is the other 4 deer heads that we mounted here this week. This made a total of 7 deer heads that Kurt did here this week. All of these Big Bucks are what I would call Trophy type. The last two bucks officially scored P&Y 184 just this past season and were taken locally there where Kurt lives. Thanks again Kurt for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for your learning center. I really enjoyed working with you and the results speak for themselves. Best.

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

19. More of Kurt's Big Bucks....

20. These are the Trophy Bucks....