1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Student At Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

John,
    I like to stop in from time to time and look at the amazing work your students are doing! This kind of quality raises the bar for all taxidermists, and keeps everyone doing his or her best.
    Keep up the good work, your students should be proud of what they are accomplishing, and the quality they're putting out says a lot for thier instructor!

Bill Dishman

2. kurt

kurt Member

Big John, I would like to take the time and thank you for having such a successful week. Whitetail boot camp has giving me the confidence I was lacking to make it in the taxidermy industry. I can honestly say I can tackle about anything when mounting a whitetail and if not I know your only a email away . For those who are searching instruction on gameheads this is the place to go. You will hear the word QUALITY time and time again. John truly wants you to succeed and I feel I now have the training to do so.
    Thanks again,
    Kurt

John, you may want to have that camera checked out- because it makes me look like I am 270 pounds in those photo's when I am only about 180 pounds soaking wet. Take Care and see you in the summer

3. I would like to sincerely say Thanks to Michael Little of Bostrop, Louisiana for completing my 3 day whitetail deer course this week. Michael was a very dedicated person whose goal was to learn the best techniques possible to mount his HUGH trophy Whitetails.
    It was indeed a pleasure working with Michael and a Great Honor for me to present him with his certificate of completion. Thanks Michael for selecting Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for your training needs. During the past 3 days Michael and I completely fleshed out a whitetail cape and then tanned it in Krowtann. Then we completely did the finishing work of a whitetail and finally we mounted two Whitetail Deer Shoulder mount together.

If any one out there is contemplating to attend a Big Game Taxidermy School we hope that you would consider us for your training needs. Many Thanks.

Best,

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

4. Here is more of Michael Little's work.

Thanks.
    John Griffith

5. Here are the Big ONE'S in which Michael mounted.

Best,
    John Griffith

6. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Mr. John,

Just got home from the long trip back to Louisiana. I had a great three days with you learning the art of taxidermy. You are a great teacher who makes sure that his students not only understand what they are doing, but makes sure they know the exact reason why they are doing it. Your hands on approach will teach anyone, from the beginner to the experienced, the right way to do things. Again, thanks for the many years of experience that you packed into three days. My head is still spinning.

Michael

Hey I agree with Kurt, check that camera!

7. Many thanks to Michael and Kurt for those kind words. We really appreciate your business here and we just want everyone here to know that we are dead serious about what we do here. And if any one out there don't believe me just ask one of our students. What you see here is what you get. Thanks guys.......

Best,

John Griffith

8. I would like to express my sincere Thanks to Ronnie Yates of Beechmont, Kentucky. Ronnie choose Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School for his Big Game Training needs. We had a ball mounting two whitetails during the past two days. Ronnie is a very talented individual and he will make a Great Taxidermist as you can see by the work he done here. Many Thanks again Ronnie and we really appreciate your business.

If there are any other individuals out there needing to improve there mounting skills give us a call. John Griffith is offering one on one courses and he is considered one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructors. Many Thanks.....

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

9. Here is Ronnie's second Buck.

Best,

John Griffith

10. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Good Job Ronnie!!!!

11. ky8hunter

ky8hunter New Member

Man I had a great time at your studio John, I thought I knew alot about taxidermy before I went to your shop but soon realized that there was a whole lot more to put out good quality work. People John is a great guy and great teacher. He will make sure to show you and also tell you why things are done. I will be back at Johns studio after our turkey season to take his finishing class. Many thanks goes to John. ( oh and if you are nice John will flesh some capes for ya while you work on tucking your eyes haha) Thanks Ronnie

12. ky8hunter

ky8hunter New Member

Thanks Tom my money was well spent going to toms class. Very Very detailed guy thats what it takes to put out good quality. Later Ronnie

13. I just wanted to congratulate Danny Napier from Stanton, Kentucky who just completed my whitetail deer course and was awarded his Certificate. Danny came back yesterday and we completely did the finishing and painting work on his two deer heads he had mounted 3 weeks ago. Thanks Danny and keep up the good work....j

If you are possibly looking for a Big Game Taxidermy School we would like for you to consider us. Look at the above thread and check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com. What you see is what you get and remember all of our instruction is one on one. Also, John Griffith is considered to be one of the World's leading Big Game Head Instructor.

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

14. Just wanted to say Congratulations to Jon McHugh from Hoschton, Georgia for completing his Whitetail deer training. Jon was presented with his much earned Certificate of competition. Jon was here back in Feb and came back to do the finishing work on his Table Pedestal Whitetail. Thanks again Jon and we really appreciate your business.

Best,

John Griffith
    Sterns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

15. We have a WINNER. Traven Rowe of Savannah, Ohio competed in the Ohio Taxidermy Competition this past week and took a Second Place Ribbon in the Professional division with a score of 89 which is one point shy of a Blue Ribbon of 90. Congratulations to Traven who only started in Taxidermy two years ago. Traven is dedicated to Excellence as you can tell by looking at his GREAT mount. Traven has been down here for training several times and looks like it's beginning to pay off. It's all about reading reference's and my most common statement Contour, Shape and thickness....... Keep up the Excellent Work Tre and hopefully we can post a Blue Ribbon up here soon.....

Best,

John Griffith
    Stearns, Kentucky
    606-376-4380

16. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Way to go Traven......Those mounts look awsom!!!!

17. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Traven congratulations! Credit is always warranted when it is due! For a long time now John has instilled his talent and gifts to others to help them achieve their goals and dreams. I comment on this string particularly as I had the opportunity to introduce Traven to John in a round about way. I know this fine young man as motivated and driven to do well. John your student has done so well! As we all know White tails are just about one of the most difficult of all the species or discipline to compet with as there is such a high standard associated with them. Traven has done more then admirable! Such a beautiful mount depicting and adding to a story of a breathtaking mount! Well done both teacher and student!!!!
    Congraduations Mr. Rowe
    My Best!
    Rick Krane

18. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Hey Traven,
    Congratulations on the excellent work, they look great.
    Michael

19. tre

tre New Member

OHIO
    thanks for all the nice comments ,and yes rick krane did introduce me to john back 2 years ago when i was struggling in taxidermy and trying to find the best to train with...john has been a outstanding instructor.Thanks john for all the high quality you put into training your students..and thanks to rick krane for pointing me and the right direction i hope to some day get down in train with rick when i reach my goals in whitetail taxidermy..thanks again guys..THE PROOFS IN THE PUDDING..if john can train me to win a ribbon he can train anyone...haha

20. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I keep looking at all your student work here John, and the more I look at it, the more I want to come and take a refresher course in whitetail mounting. as always, the work is excellent. Someday......