1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

George, Now and then

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Missouri Creek Studio, May 8, 2009.

1. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Just took in a old mount to repair two broken tines circa 1975. It should have been remounted but the owner declined. Notice it was a paper form ( you had to install your own back board back then. The flat back eyes and surprising it had probally Jonas plastic earliners , albiet very drummed. No nose detail, nostril just filled in with black wax and putty. Stitches were bunched giving it a mane effect in the back.
    So when the photo's of the World show are posted it will give you an idea of how far the materials and quality has advanced. the mount was rubber stamped form some now defuct taxidermists from Collinsville Il
    Doug
    MCS

2. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Anoterh photo

3. ed150

ed150 deer city time

yea i see old mounts like that all the time,realy makes u feel ur doing good when u see one like that.we got it easy now days

4. KStovall

KStovall New Member

Now and then....heck I still some being done like that now!!! ;D

5. Lenny

Lenny New Member

Have you ever seem deer with the lips sowed togother? Taxidermy has come a long way.

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Love those legendary "blue glint, hand painted eyes". LMAO