1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My Take on the World Show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, May 11, 2009.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

This was the first World Show I have attended since 1992! While the show years ago was good in it's own rights it can't compare to this one in my opinion. I made the statement, " I went to the World show in '92 not knowing anyone and left the show not knowing anyone." Not this show! Most of us had never met, but talk regularly on here and on the phone. Some of us post our pics on here and knew what to expect, but what was funny was when two people would met and have that " who the hell are you" look on their face until they read your name tag and then to see the sudden change of emotions. I don't know where to start trying to explain the fun I had at this show and what friendships were made from just mere internet acquaintances.

I was impressed with the professionalism of the show that the Blomquist's and all involved put on. I know now that Ken Edwards is really a nice guy and not the high school principle type I had him visioned as. :D

The experience from rooming with MP and Russ was not near the circus as it was predicted to be from all on here. I guess we were just too tired to mess with each other at the end of the day or it could have been the pact we made on Tuesday evening with the phrase "Don't start no chit and there won't be no chit." ::) :D

It was awesome to set at the same table or just hang out in a room with true heroes in the taxidermy field and find out they were really just down to earth people.

I realized that Rick Carter gives all us guys that are vertically challenged real hope that they can, well you get the picture. :D Rick, it was a pleasure meeting you.

It was also amazing how members that spare on here regularly quickly became friends and allies. How are we gonna argue if were all friends now?

Ok, Thats enough rambling for now. Here are some pics of members that I took at the show.

My buddy "Michael P" Can you believe this was my first pic! :D
    [​IMG]

Scott Olson can really stand, but still can't open his eyes. ;D
    [​IMG]

Here's some Taxiladies. Sorry I forgot the babes name in the red satin, but it was Trisha's friend, "Trisha" Miranda and "Wildspirits" Sherry
    [​IMG]

Kerby Ross and Fred from PA
    [​IMG]

Dennis, "mk" and "JasonB"
    [​IMG]

"rwenglish" Randall Waites, "Trashfish" Terry Weick, "Amy" Amy Ritchie and sorry I don't remember the guy in the dark shirts name.
    [​IMG]

"mjvaden" Michael "WetnWild" Voya and "Russ of VOWT"
    [​IMG]

2. I didn't even remember you taking that picture Perry! ;D

3. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    Perry, i can finally understand what you are trying to say now that you are using the computer... ;D

4. Tricia

Tricia New Member

And I have the infamous "coke" bottle in my hand. WooHoo, I had to rescue it from Russ. ;)

5. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

I still can't beleive it's all over.

So who's going to National's????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

MK Perry is light weight when it comes to southern accents
    He's easy... wow that sounded bad
    I should of said he is easy to understand.
    I have spent my time with them southeners
    The only problem now is when I read HIS posts out loud and even in my head it sounds like I'm from Cullman Ala.
    I enjoyed meeting Perry as I did EVERYONE ELSE.
    I'm so glad he never got a pic of me ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Smartass! It's a good thing we speak the same language on a keyboard isn't it. Just remember all you northen guys, I had as hard a time understanding you also. Some more than others! Ain't that right Voya?

8. Perry's new name is boomhauer from king of the hill. When he starts rambling he talks real fast and sounds just like him LOl LOL Thats from VOYA!!!!!! ya redneck!!

9. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Whats funny is now as I read all this after meeting yous guys and can hear the voices in my head.LOL

10. x2 How funny!

11. *

I guess that's why I can understand Perry so easily
    I must watch to much King of the Hill. ;D
    And Voya , you can understand him also if you just keep in mind his alphabet has only 25 letters, it doesn't have a R in it.
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

12. I agree, Jason...........Yeagers country accent and charm rolls with every word he types....LOL................

13. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Next time we all meet I wil have learned sign language. I know a few signs already. ;) ;D

14. Per, you must have mastered it prior to the show. You told lot of us we were #1

15. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Isn't it great to hear the voice when you read the responses? It's so much more fun now.

And Dennis never talked to me. :p Perry sounds just like I imagined.

What I hate is when someone tells me that I shouldn't talk to Kathy or Ann at the Breakthgough booth any more...I tend to get that Louisiana thing going again. And I worked so hard to lose it when we moved to Missouri. :'(

LMAO Perry, I got a sign for ya.

16. I think we should do this more often.

17. *

Tricia,
    Sorry I'm not real outgoing you should have cornered me.

18. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    lmao. i've met some characters in my day but i'll have to say that yeagerbomb is on the top of my list.

19. Maybe we should have a taxinetter picnic ;D

20. *

If we do we need to keep it north of Missouri
    Sounds like some of you, if you had to stop and ask directions from any locals you'd never get there