1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 32 /33

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 15, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 3~ Week 32 /33
    A very warm and hardy Hello from Drumminsville, Quebec Canada! This week we are at the Quebec Taxidermist Association annual convention! I will send pictures of the great fish work at this show later in the week.

The World show as you have no doubt have seen on the net was an incredible display of some the finest work ever put together and shown in one place! Congratulations to all who attended and to those who competed!

So many Talented and gifted fish artists come here each and every week and share with us their passion and inspiration we all can use to motivate us to the next level of satisfaction and success!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us!

Brad Jones!!! Sweeet Brown and congats!!!

MBT!!! Dave outstanding Salt work from you my friend! Way to go!!!

Al from SC!!! Al a great Bass for sure!

Runoft!!! Brad awesome Esox’s this week my friend very fishy!!!

Clete!!! Well done on the Smallie! I’m glad you had fun at the seminar in PA! From the looks of it you’re still having some fun! Great work!

Urmrk402!!! Mark love to see the Big Stripers! Well-done and great job on using some new procedures and techniques this is how we all learn to get to the next level! Well done!

Macoman! Kevin!! Cool looking spotted Gurnard!!! The Tune is outstanding as well!! I enjoy the work you bring to the string!! Great work!

Dave Smith!!! Dave you constantly display some of the cleanest detail art inspiring man here including me! Well done and love the background work as always!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would like to start this week with a beautiful display by our great friend and inspirational leader of all things fish that are good Mr. David R. Campbell!!!! Dave share with us a Yellowstone Cutthroat and a wonderful Steelhead!!! Dave needs no introduction or build up as he has quietly produced some of the best and most consist work in the last quarter century! A true gift we have to call a friend to all of us!

I hope you enjoy the work of Brad Jones!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week #32 / 33 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #32 / 33 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

The beautiful and inspiring work of Dave Campbell!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Dave !!!!!!! ::) ::) ::) Thanks. Ollie

3. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Beautiful fishwork Dave, everytime I see your stuff I have to bow.

4. wow those fish are very nice!!! here is my metal Gray Triggerfish , Thanks

5. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

Gorgeous cutthroat. I caught some nice ones while I was up in Yellowstone, but as you know they can't be kept. I unfortunately didn't take any good photos of them. :'( Like I said, incredible fish and without a doubt, world class.

6. Great work as usual Dave!

Nice triggerfish Snakeawave!

Here's Chesapeake Bay Rockfish/striper. It's my cousin's trophy from Dec. 08. It was 53" and 56.7lbs. The blanks is from my good friend Dave Saunders (mbt) up at Mountain Breeze Taxidermy. Killer blank too. And once again Still Life Eyes.
    [​IMG]
    Head shot
    [​IMG]
    Eye Shot
    [​IMG]
    And one of me just to scale the size of this beast
    [​IMG]

7. Speckled Trout

Speckled Trout Member

Hey Travis, that's almost as big as the one I caught. ;D I don't think I'd want to catch that on my ultralight, though. The reel would have started smoking right before the spool ran outta line! :D

8. of

of New Member

Dave, killer mounts!! I love that cuttthroat!!
    Travis, as always such a great piece of art, it´s not easy to stay focussed on details on a big fish like this, but you did it!!

Greetings from Germany

Oliver

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

My WTC Bass

10. ArtistcAnglerInc.

ArtistcAnglerInc. New Member

Cole, I thought that fish looked so natural! Its a perfect example of that color scheme on a bass. I catch alot of em that look like that.

The trout from Dave C. are so good! just beautiful...

That huge "rockfish" is great as well. Very subtle, and highly detailed at the same time.

11. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Yeah, ALWAYS nice having to follow Dave and Travis.....not. ;D Awesome fish. Nice LM Cole. Here's a bass I took to the Michigan show. Lotta room for improvement but hey, not bad for an insurance man.....lol.

12. Awesome fish everyone. Brian you should be very proud of that Bass it's great, good job and congratulations.

13. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

great job on the sriper travis, that thing is huge
    wow cole that bass is really nice, i like the flesh colorings
    great job on the bass brian

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Thanks guys, now if I could just get a judge to agree. ;)

15. ArtistcAnglerInc.

ArtistcAnglerInc. New Member

lol...As neutral as judges try to be, it still comes down to opinion of an individual. I know its very technical as well, but one guy has the score sheet! Im sure many people were highly impressed with that fish!

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

The paint job is okay, it's the rest of fish taxidermy that I suck at. LOL The judge gave me the proper score. (77)

17. mbt

mbt New Member

Beautiful work everyone! Travis great job on that monster Striped Bass! You really pulled the details out on the blank. It looks like the mouth worked ok in that XXL mouth opening. The fins have great silver highlights and don't get me started on the head detail shots. Keep up the good work!! God Bless David

18. rwenglish1

rwenglish1 'IN GOD WE TRUST'

Real nice fish everyone, and Brian I liked your fish at our show, but I did not know it was yours and that you were even there. But I am usually running around and miss a lot. rw

19. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Here's my little trout that I had at the WTC. It didn't score as well as it should of because of a mistake I should have caught on the mount tag. "All parts commercial" Oh well, at least I will take the time to read my tags from now on. Commercial parts are not allowed in Masters division, I'm lucky I scored what I did. The beer can in the picture is there to give a size comparison to the massive 9" brookie. I'm still trying to figure where I could have bought commercial parts for the little guy,lol.

Paul B

20. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

UFD-smokin' as always, Paul, I like the brookie, commercial parts and all. (LOL) bummer on the checkbox tho'.