1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wow! I called 8 customers to pick up Deerheads and.............

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, May 20, 2009.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

They are ALL coming this evening! I can't believe all them still have jobs in these troubled times. Probably the next 8 I call their heads will be mine forever. ::) ;)

2. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Thats lucky Perry, Hell, i still have stuff in here from a year ago. To bad two of them are geese. :-\

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Todays that day you buy that winning lottery ticket Perry.

4. Wow thats good, Here in Michigan i worry about being stuck with mounts, But so far not 1 this year, hope my luck continues

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Send'em my way, I got 14 ready to pick up!! LOL

6. gab

gab Active Member

I've got 98,which is about 35-40 more than usual.I try to be good about waiting til the out of towners are in town to pick up.I had 7 pickups today,so maybe the holiday weekend will create some traffic.

7. Lenny

Lenny New Member

Wait until tomorrow to buy the lottery tickets. They ain't picked them up yet.

8. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Everybody showed up! good day for a payday. ;) :)

9. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Good Deal!! Gotta Like That!!

10. Wow thats amazing... I've had at least 6 of the 12 or so outstanding orders/clients say they were gonna show and STILL Haven't... A couple at least paid a little on them....

11. I have the same! They say they are going to come and they haven't! If I have to wait 30 days I charge them $25 more. After that if they don't make arrangements it's mine!

12. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

uh..Perry...do you think you could loan me a couple hundred...you know I'd be good for it...LOL!

I've been pretty lucky with people picking up stuff this spring....they are usually ready for it faster than I get it to them.

13. I've got a $5 per DAY Storage Fee on the Taxidermy, But a $100 payment will get you 30 Days Grace....Keeps the money flowing...Too hard to take possesion of stuff in WA...

14. i did a little invoicing on what i have ready to go and ............ i didn't like what i saw when i added them all up. $9,800+ that is owed on these mounts that need to go home.

15. I have all my people pay in full before I do their work. Great for cash flow and it sure separates the men from the boys on who get's their heads mounted.

16. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

i'm still waiting on one to come get his deer head.

17. I have about half that waiting to be picked up...... Its bad when you look at the pile and say..."well there's a New "_________" sitting on the counter" be it a Tranny, Quad, Pickup, Boat motor, Rifle or any other toy or much needed item or bill that needs paid..... Got one customer that I think has either died or joined the Witness protection program... Number is disconnected, no mail forwarding and no longer in the regional phone book... Bummer.

18. I have a 400lb + bear sitting in my livingroom that was to be picked up before I went to the world show. The guy shows up thinking it's paid off "says his wife"!! NOT!!
    To his surprise he still owes $800!! Needless to say he left, the bear is still here, and amazingly his wife can't seem to find the cancelled check ??? ::) :mad:

19. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

I've been pretty lucky, I've only had two in eight years that didn't pick up. Both were buddies. Most I call come the same day.

20. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her