1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wow! I called 8 customers to pick up Deerheads and.............

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, May 20, 2009.

1. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Alright, Perry. Did they all come and pick up their mounts? Never mind...I need to read the entire thread before I post I guess. :p

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I'll be there this afternoon" and they finally show up a couple of weeks later. :-\ *sigh*

2. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Just for you again Tricia. Yes they did. ;D

3. Tricia

Tricia New Member

:p I said I went back and read that. But thanks for pointing out my senior moment again. Maybe somebody missed it and needed reminding that I'm OLD.

4. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

The one I have waiting is the busted up rack thing..I've called and left voice messages for the kid two or three times then called his mom and dad. He's moved to St Louis...thats not so far he can't come and pick the thing up.
    I'm gonna send a letter to his mom and dads address since I can't seem to get his current address and say he has two weeks to pick it up..
    I've got some of my own spare antlers that need a finished deer to sit on!!!! LOL

5. Lenny

Lenny New Member

It cost 1/3 to go in my freezer, 1/3 before form and eyes are ordered and 1/3 before I start to work. I don't do that with a few customers but I do with most. There are a few that you know are good for it. Perry knows 8 that are good for it. :eek: :D :D

6. Michelle Iknow the feeling.

Had a guy bring in a bear for a rug, I skinned the head, paws, fleshed salted and he was suppose to bring the deposit. He calls and found someone to do it cheaper, to bad I had already taken it to the tannery. I get the tanned hide back, he dont want to pay for tanning. I now own the hide. Guess i ts a showrrom piece comming soon to tthe showroom.

Now I find out the old bass turd has been up to Lollies Auction and bought a bucnh of mounts for his house!!! He has a elephant for a shoulder mount at another taxidermist I know. MY bet is he will try to get out pof paying for it too.

IO have a display head, was a customers he second head last year. I will run an add in the local newpaper about the unpaid head.

Jason, You deerhead has been ready for over 18 months now, Do you intend to pay for it or not? I could go thru the court but will proceed this way so the people he owes for motorcyckle parts will k now too.

Its my head now and no I will not allow his dad to pay me for it the boy is 23 now, he is an adult, its him that will see his name in the paper.

Per pressure maybe will work.

7. John, The guy himself was very nice and seemed embarrassed when I told him I was never sent a check. His wife, I now find out, she has a habit of doing this. They have had to move a few times because he thought she paid the rent and she didn't!

The only numbers I have for him is his brother and his Dad and I have left messages but I really hate to keep buggin' them when it's not their problem. I actually wish I had a direct line for the WIFE!!! :mad: