1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Zoo Aviary

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Jordanlybeck, May 21, 2009.

1. I wen't to the zoo yesterday to do a Primate observation for my Anthropology class and was relieved to find there was an Aviary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. inkyspal

inkyspal New Member

GA
    Wow! I would've loved it!

3. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Wow, awesome pictures!!! What is that black bird with the iridescent feathers, and the green ankle band?

4. I have no Idea what it is. it was in the Pheasantry so I'm going to assume it's some kind of gamebird. I'm sure someone on here knows what it is.

5. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

it is a Nicobar Pigeon. What zoo was this?

6. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Man that looks alot like the Portland zoo in OR to me....??

7. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Thanks Jon. It really caught my eye, so now I have to learn all about them! I wonder how hard they would be to keep......:)

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

looks like mjvadens place(well his cages). awesome pics. if i win lotto id build one of them in a heartbeat!

9. JBird

JBird Member

is that the woodland park zoo in seattle ? nice to see a baby jap crane in there - zoo's are SO BAD about raising birds ;o)

10. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

That standing Black Duck is awesome ;D

11. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

Hey JBird not even the zoos can do the great job that you do in raising and maintaining birds ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

12. It is the Woodland park zoo.

13. LOOK AT ALL THOSE LEG BANDS !!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER GET TIRED OF SEEING LEG BANDS....EVER, NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE ON !!!!

I EVEN SEEN A SEA GULL WITH A LEG BAND IN 2003 ON THE BEACH AT NEW SMYRNA BEACH FLORIDA.

14. Thats awesome. Did they have many of the Nicobars? I have an aviculture friend about 5 miuntes away that had one lone male for a few years and finally ended up getting 17 more when the original owner had to move overseas. They are so nice to look at. Another fun species of pigion are the Victoria crowned pigeons/doves, they are the size of a turkey it seems.

15. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I have only ever seen one male Nicobar advertised for sale in the UK, it was £600. Not much good without a mate.

16. DropTine

DropTine DSCN0137.JPG

Thanks for the cool pics. Mark