1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Stop Rot Success!

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by David Patton, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been meaning to report this experience with Stop-Rot.

A customer brought a frozen bear to me for prep work and the ears were already thawed. Since it was 100+ degrees, we were very concerned. We injected the ears with a hypodermic needle filled with Stop-Rot and got it back to the freezer. The trip took three hours before the return to the freezer.

Last night I finished the prep work. The ears turned very easy. No freezer burn and a side effect that was unanticipated was the Stop-Rot swelled the tissues on the ear to the point that it was nearly pickled!

It took a lot of time to inject the ears, but WOW, what a result!

Thanks to Whitetail Designer Systems...now go get some for yourself.

2. That is great news David. I bet Uncle Glen will be jumping for joy when he hears about it. I would not be without Stop Rot in my studio. It saved many capes for me all ready, that, in the before Stop Rot days, would not have survived. :)

3. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

I appreciate the news flashes and all, BUT I'm on unsmite patrol and I can't concentrate on finding smites if I keep reading new posts as they come in. Too much for my feeble little mind to handle.

David, treat a fresh green whitetail cape with STOP-ROT, roll it up flesh side in, nose first, stick it in the freezer for a few months. Culture shock is something everyone should experience.

4. OK,

I will file that one away for future use. I trust you on this one!

5. DaveT

DaveT "But with God all things are possible"

Stop rot is a great product and I keep a bottle on my bench to spray on hides as I get them. I know Glen does not suggest to use it that way but it works for me, Whenever I get a hide in I spray here down on both sides before I put in the freezer.

6. Dave,
    We do the same thing with ours. It is like WD-40 in that people keep finding uses for it that none of us ever thought of before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.