1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

realistic Turkey heads

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Clouse41, May 24, 2009.

1. Clouse41

Clouse41 New Member

Just wondering if i made realistic heads with the hairs coming out of it if some people on here would buy them for the price of regular repro turkey heads?

2. Clouse41

Clouse41 New Member

The price would actually be around $35

3. Clouse41

Clouse41 New Member

or less im just not sure

4. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

I would think it would depend on your quality. look good, last, not flimsy or breakable, show a picture when you do some and find out.

5. Clouse41

Clouse41 New Member

I will but my question is would people pay for a more realistic one or just settle

6. JMO, A repro is a repro, and you can't beat a freeze dryed head. I get mine from Boondocks. But there alot of freeze dried heads out there. I just don't like a reproduction.
    Jim

7. Gobblingfever

Decoys will get fake heads here. Taxi mounts freeze dried heads for me but if a customer wants a replica that's what they will get. The more realistic is always better of coarse then a cheapy that does not look good.

8. $15-$20 more on your $35 you could have pretty good freeze dried head or get sum super glue and hair and start gluing on the hair
    and after you fished it, the next time you will be glad to buy a freeze dried one.....

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

I personally like repo heads, it's all in the prep work for realism.

10. If it is good people will buy some like real heads some dont care if you get a customer that wants fast turn around and the repro is good go with it

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Sorry, but the question seems silly to me. You are asking...If I make a repro head, that looked better than other repro heads on the market, and was less expensive, would anyone buy them?

No people like spending more on inferior products. ha ha

My question to you would be, "Can you create a repro head that is higher quality than those currently available for a cheaper cost to the consumer?"

12. The best freeze dried head will be eaten by bugs in a few years.

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

What's a few? I have heads over 20 years old.

14. Gobblingfever

What?!?! Hmm I wonder who's BEST heads you have seen do this? I haven't

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm not saying it can't happen. If you have a dermestid problem, they will attack freeze dried heads, as well as any mounts you have. The statement that all freeze dried heads will be eaten by bugs in just a few years is ridiculous.

16. Mannequin

Mannequin New Member

To my way of thinking even the best repro heads can be improved upon. If you settle for what you get out of the box at any levle you're depriving yourself of a challenge. To me it's the job of the traditional taxidermist to push the envelope and re-create the most realistic presentation possible. I think if you get a repro turkey head that doesn't meet your expectations; fix it.