1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

You know where in an economiic recession when.......

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by bowerbird, May 26, 2009.

1. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

.......your client askes you to put a knife through his lifesize Marco Polo skin and do a shoulder mount instead..........

2. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT?
    If not, The man HAS lost his mind ;D

3. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Wow, what a shame!

4. ed150

ed150 deer city time

:eek: :eek:,no way

5. damonkus

damonkus Member

A taxidermist years ago would tan the lifesize skin and stuff the excess skin inside the hollowed out mannikin so the owner could do a lifesize someday if he wished.....A good solution for a Marco Polo...

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    That Taxidermist was James L. Clark, and I put the post up about that a bit ago. It would also keep the animal intact for scientific purposes.

The only way to do that today -- aside from laying up your own headform -- would be to remove the backboard, and hollow out the shoulder area of the headform, not making the inner walls too thin! Then those inner walls of the hollowed out form would need to be reinforced with fiberglass mat. I would "bag" the hide in burlap, stuff it into the hollow area, and replace the backboard.

Man, a Marco Polo ram has too much intrinsic value to be cut up! What a shame if that went down!

John.

7. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

No .,,,,,,,,,not kidding,,

makes you almost cry,

At least one was saved from the knife, this has been the second request.

Attached Files:

8. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

as l said

Attached Files:

9. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

That's the SICKEST PICTURE I have ever seen
    MAKE A GROWN MAN CRY :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

I literally cringed when I saw it!

11. Bowman

Bowman New Member

think how sick it would make you if the next time you talked to him and he said "I NEVER TOLD YOU TO DO THAT!!!". Seriously though, that hurts!

12. I would have got it in writing from him!!!

At that point whats a couple thousand bucks for the full mount? bet his wife had something to do withit.

13. We had a good client of ours make us take a lifesize Big Horn back to our shop and change the lifesize to a shoulder mount; cause his son didn't have room for the lifesize! He paid for it all. Lifesize, then the transformation. What a shame!! :-\

I had a pic of the back end for a long time. But can't find it to show you. My son, Todd, could stand throwing it away so we had the backend in our showroom for many years. We sold it this last year. Of course, all this took place before the recession. This happened back in the late 90's. That would never happen today, even from this client. I am sure, even the wealthy are tightening the belts.

14. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

...............l held out as long as l could before l HAD to, twice l asked are you sure you want to do this hoping he had had a change of heart,but no,,only shoulder mounts,,
    Last week he called me and reiterated, "this is only to be a shoulder mount,,l dont have the room for lifesize,,my 13 foot walls are only for heads",,,,???
    It would have looked fanatstic on a rock up on those sized walls............