1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for ideas????

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by dougtman, May 26, 2009.

1. I'm mounting this bobcat for a friend. He eventually wants to add a squirrel to the fencepost in the future.

I'm looking for ideas on what this cat could be reaching for in the meantime... this will be a fall scene from the midwest?

I'd thought about a butterfly or grasshopper but didn't fit in the fall in Northern Missouri... cat will be closed mouth, ears forward, alert pose, not real aggressive, more of a curious swat at "something".

Preferably something quick and inexpensive.

[​IMG]

2. hawkflyer

hawkflyer I'm not short, I'm fun sized.

I think the butterfly is your best idea, but you could put an empty can of sardines or maybe some string, or anything else a person might leave on a fence post that could interest this cat.

3. Jome

Jome New Member

I would have to go with butterfly also but if not that but a small bird of some kind instead.

4. Thanks guys... hadn't thought of something like the sardine can, neat idea.

Here's a couple of more shots as this thing comes together to maybe illicit some more ideas:

[​IMG]

5. jbnf

jbnf New Member

Maybe just add some claw marks like the cat is sharpening its claws on the post. Or you could put a lizard on top of the post.

6. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I think a mouse would look great on there, with it's tail hanging towards the cat's paws
    The claw idea is good also

7. I found this guy today and think I will combine him with some of the ideas I'm getting here:

Has anyone preserved one of these? I'm thinking a modge podge dipping afer he's dry?

Hornet reference anyone? Are the antannae at a good angle? ;D ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Scary lol
    I've got no reference for insects, would never like to get that close :)

9. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

empty bird nest with a small feather hanging over the edge just enough to get the cats attention, maybe a couple hatched empty egg shells.

10. Barry

Barry New Member

I think BobbI has the right Idea would look great

11. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

I was thinking maybe just a feather?

12. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

that would work too...just a little downy feather that would blow slightly in the wind.

13. cool, thanks all!

14. ed150

ed150 deer city time

x2

15. huntiholic

huntiholic Member

i dont think the the hornet would work well..in my experience one little bump and the legs break off or they just fall apart, they are too brittle.

16. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Most wildlife know better than to mess with hornets. I like the feather idea, or maybe a dead vine with a leaf still attached.

17. Gatorjaw

Gatorjaw New Member

I think the feather is the best idea because it is simple and does'nt take alot of time to do since it's going to be replaced at a later date. But if you wanted to make a scene with just the feather add a trap in between the bobcat and the tree. You know that is a method used in trapping. That would be cool too. Just make sure you fix your trap to where it will not go off! I weld mine, that alway's work's.

18. Marc A

Marc A Beaver Creek Taxidermy

A Lizard !