1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Critique Please...... my first pheasant TAKE TWO

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by ROD H, May 31, 2009.

1. ROD H

ROD H New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][/img]

This is my 2nd taxidermy project and my first pheasant.. Any opinions would be welcome.

Thank you in advance for your critiques

ROD

2. fougair

fougair New Member

Looks ok but need more picture and closer can really see any detail. :)

3. ed150

ed150 deer city time

what i can see it looks good to me

4. Clouse41

Clouse41 New Member

His legs are off centered making him look of balance

5. JMP

JMP New Member

I agree that he looks a little off Balance. That should be easily fixed. You could also split and plump up the top portion of the waddle on your next project. The entire waddle also needs to look balanced. Without extra pictures and close ups it looks real good. I like the Habitat you did.

6. Jome

Jome New Member

Looks good to me also.

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

The birds legs will almost be in a straight line, one in front of the other. Yours are side by side. Also, the angle of the legs is a little sharp. Straighten them up a bit and he won't look like he's squatting.

8. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

really nice job i like the habitat to

9. ROD H

ROD H New Member

Thank you everyone for your opinions ....keep them coming i think they will help me with my next bird. I am just learning to post pics and was finding it frustrating but i think i've got it now.
    I was a little scared doing the wattles because i never seen a bird done before and my book did not show me anything so being left to figure it out on my own was a little scary....I managed to get through it with quite a bit of help from all you guys and gals here on the forum..and for that i send out a big THANK YOU. Rod