1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bobcat Nose

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by carollinacreations, Jun 2, 2009.

1. carollinacreations

carollinacreations New Member

Does anyone have a good color scheme for a bobcat's nose?
    Thanks

2. they vary what age/ area was it from, check reference lol

3. Tricia

Tricia New Member

That's one of the best things about bobcat noses....almost everything is right. They vary in color. Get a few pics of different noses and pick the one you like. Try to duplicate it, if you don't like it, CHANGE IT. I also tend to mute the colors when I'm done...I never liked a vivid nose. They just don't look right, even if they are. I'd give you a paint schedule, but mine seems to change every time I work on them. All of them are accurate, and I still don't like any of them.

It's kinda like judges...it's that persons opinion on that given day. Don't like it? They'll have a different opinion tomorrow. lol ;)

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Burnt sienna and white, then some dark brown in just the right places. ;)

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

A Sharpie would make it look like this:
    [​IMG]

6. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Hey "man with the black Sharpie", I deleted that post so you wouldn't think I was serious. :D Our cats here in AL usually have a dark pink nose with black "trim". ;)

7. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

take the cat when it first comes in and keep mixing paint and keeping track of how many drops of this color or that color you add and paint each one on a piece of poster board and let dry till you get a color that matches the cats nose.
    Then after you mount the cat, just repeat exactly what you did when mixing the paint when he was fresh, and you will end up with a color thats as close to that particular cat as possible, even though the color I'm sure changed somewhat after death.

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Here's a little taste of what you can get if you buy a set of my Bobcat photo references. PM me if you're interested.
    [​IMG]

John.

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Thanks for the "taste", but I think the poster was asking what colors they should use.

10. LordRusty

Ohio
    Don't care! If you don't have references, no amount of "talk" will do a whole lot of good. Following your line of "thinking" I was addressing the poster. Lastly, I will remind anyone, anytime, that I sell references. Period!

John.

11. Tricia

Tricia New Member

John, settle down. Cole, stop egging him on. And if we're only talking to the original poster, I'll ignore everyone else and simply tell him this:

There's several folks on here that sell reference photos. Feel free to buy all the pics you want. Personally, I go to pbase for almost everything. Don't waste your money, go get your pics online. Or ask for some, there's always some GREAT taxidermist here that only want to help and will GIVE you reference pics. I'd be one of them that would GIVE pics. Let me dig through this evening (I"m still a little under the weather right now) and I'll send some to you. Not just one to tantilize you into buying more...I'll send you every pic I have if you want them. And guess what? I'd do it for the joy of SHARING info, not to earn a quick buck on someone with less experience. Some of these people should be ashamed of themselves.

Orange, red, pink, tan, brown...bobcat noses are every ugly ass color you can imagine all outlined in dark brown. Like I said before, you can't screw it up. Oh I guess you can screw up the mount, but not painting the nose, it's basic finish work. So easy, even a caveman can do it...

12. LordRusty

Ohio
    So tell me little miss pauper ... how do you make your money? Or ... don't you believe in making money, like everyone else on this site does? A quick buck? Whether it is Taxidermy or Photography, that is how I make my money. And sister, there's nothing wrong with making money, be it a "quick buck" or any other income! Now it's time for you to settle down! Unfriggingbelievable!

John.

13. Tricia

Tricia New Member

John, you helped me out and gave me words of encouragement 3 years ago, and for that I do indeed thank you. Never doubt that I'm sincere when I say that.

BUT...and here it goes...I'm willing to help this guy, who obviously is new. As someone who knows exactly what it's like to be in that particular situation, I am willing to HELP without PAYMENT. I have friends here that send me pics when I need them (thanks ya'll, ya know who you are ;) ) And I'm willing to turn around and offer the same thing to someone in need. What's so friggin hard to understand about that? It's not always about money. Or it shouldn't be. As human beings we have this tremendous responsibility to help other human beings if and when we can. Now's my time...I can give this thing at this time.

Ohhhh that's right, I forgot...you were born with the talent to recreate, no learning necessary, right? You never had to struggle and fork over money you really didn't have to start into this business? Only to come up with more money to BUY PICS? But you're not really in this business are you? So why the hell do you care? And why the hell are you here?

So what if you lose the possible sale of a few pics to ONE potential customer. How much ARE those pics anyway, that you're livelyhood depended on this tiny little sale? I just don't think that it should ALWAYS be about you. You're opinions, you're feelings and you're overinflated EGO.

Small things in life just aren't worth the hassle. Go play with your photoshop.

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I make mine actually doing taxidermy, that way I don't have to come online and beg for it when I can't afford to dig a hole big enough to fit a horse. I'm sorry Tricia, but maybe if he wasn't such an asshole I wouldn't egg him on.

15. Tricia

Tricia New Member

Hey, carolinacreations....you have mail, sweetie.

And Cole. No sweat. You going to Huntsville? Or am I just gonna see ya'll again in August? And no, I haven't forgotten my promise for the show...I'll follow through. Did you get that seminar arranged? I was told ya did, and that they would be contacting me, but they haven't yet...so maybe they don't need my help after all?

16. carollinacreations

carollinacreations New Member

Thanks to all for the help.

17. LordRusty

Ohio
    Takes one to know one you punkass bitch!

18. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!!
    wow....one simple little question and you all turned it into this?
    SHAME ON BOTH OF YOU! :mad:

19. Tricia

Tricia New Member

It's just John being John again, Bobbie. He brings out the best in everyone. I'm tired of seeing him bully people and acting like he's soooo much better than everyone else.

Somebody, sometime is gonna knock that chip off his shoulder. I'd pay good money to see that, anyone willing to sell tix for that? I'm buying. Make a quick buck on THAT. hahaha

And no thanks necessary for the pics, it was my pleasure. I'll see what I can do on those others you were needing. ;)

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

FORUM RULES
    2. Commercial messages. Commercial messages are allowed within reason if they contain interesting information for all visitors of this forum. If in doubt, please contact the forum administrator. Commercial ads with prices are specifically not allowed unless the item advertised is a very special single quantity item. If a company wishes to advertise professional services or supplies, they should purchase advertising instead of relying on a free bulletin board.