1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PEOPLE BUG ME. WHY?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mt, Jun 7, 2009.

1. mt

mt New Member

BECAUSE , I mounted a walleye, and two antler mounts for what i thought was a good guy . then it takes several calls over two years for him to come and pay me.Then HE pulls up in a new ford truck and act like nothing is wrong,good thing for him the little woman was in the garage, cause i was kinda in a mood to tell him off. BUT she has calmed me down over the years, and she lets me spend it on my mustang, so o well .....mt :mad:

2. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

Deadbeats are all the same. I've found there are three types of customers. The ones that pay. The ones that fall on hard times and then deadbeats who rather spend money elsewhere or they have buyer remorse.

3. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

You just have to bite your tongue. I have had what I considered deadbeat customers turn out to be great customers over time; not always of course but it happens. Rule #1 the customer is always right. Rule #2 See rule #1.

4. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

The customers always right until they neglect to pay. If you don't get paid don't stoop to the level of vebal bashing. Just send your demand letters and if no action. File a small claims or sell the mount.

5. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

you have the find the balance and it always better to use two ears and only one mouth, thats what I am saying.

6. If they don't pay, are they customers or shoplifters? Theft of services is a crime.

7. mt

mt New Member

I kept tract of my call to him and it was 15. Last one stated that the mounts were going on E- bay. Guess what , ???3 days later I got payed, huh funny how that works.

8. Charge 100% up front for antler mounts or anything else you might get screwed on.

9. mt

mt New Member

THAT IS A GOOD IDEA :)

10. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Same thing x2. I even started a customer black list so when someone called and wanted something mounted all I had to do is check the list. If their name was on the list they were screwed. I always told them that I was already booked up. For some reason I let one guy and his wife come back in and I am glad I did. They have become one of my best customers. Thanks to them they spend thousands of dollars with me. They just came over 2-3 days ago and brought me a hornets nest to spray and yesterday they came over and picked up a deer head. LOL In a few weeks they will pick up another one. They are also one of those customers that tell you they don't care about the turn around time, take as long as you want. Those are great customers. ;D

11. Woman arrested on felony warrants at Dirk Nowitzki's house, authorities say

DALLAS — Police arrested a woman with multiple felony warrants at the Preston Hollow home of Dallas Mavericks basketball star Dirk Nowitzki on Wednesday morning.

Cristal Taylor, 37, was arrested at the Strait Lane home after police received information from a Dallas officer working with an FBI task force, authorities said.

Police said that Taylor may have been using as many as eight aliases, NBC Channel 5 reported. Police wouldn’t speculate on Taylor’s relationship with the NBA All-Star, NBC Channel 5 reported.

Sarah Melton, a spokeswoman for the Mavericks, said Taylor was “just staying at his house,” NBC Channel 5 reported. Sources told nbcdfw.com that Taylor is Nowitzki’s girlfriend.

CBS 11 News reported that sources that said Nowitzki hired a private investigator to check into her background, and the investigator found that she was using an alias.

Investigators said Taylor was taken into custody on several outstanding warrants. The first was a probation violation from a corrections department in Missouri,<b> the second a theft of service</b> from Jefferson County, Texas.

Her past aliases included Chrystal Ann Taylor, Crystal Ann Taylor, Debra Johnson, Shana Mancini, Krista Santiago, Crystal Ann Santiago, Cristal Westerhaus and Crista A. Westerhays, booking records show, according to Channel 5.

Taylor was arrested at around 11 a.m. Wednesday. The Mavericks say Nowitzki and the team didn’t return from Denver after Tuesday night’s playoff game until 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Channel 5 reported.

The Mavericks said they are trying to respect Nowitzki’s privacy, but they expect the star forward to address the arrest at a media availability Thursday at practice, Channel 5 reported.

Taylor was at the Lew Sterrett Justice Center late Wednesday, the Dallas County jail Web site showed. Bail was set at $20,000.

12. We have a clause in our purchase agreements that state if their item isn't picked up within 60 days of notification of being finished, that it becomes our property and we can sell it to recoup cost. But, if people call us with a legitimate problem, we usually allow them some extra time.

13. 50 to 100% up front. This way everybody wins. Frank.

14. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

Jason, I sort of have a black list too, but mine has red stars next to the name which means they gave me a bad check, which translates into CASH ONLY