1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

opinions on Mckenzie- Buckeye bear shoulder forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by elk74, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Was just wondering what others think about the Mckenzie-Buckeye bear wall forms with the pre set jaws.Never used pre set jaws before, also noticed with the Mckenzie mule deer forms that the face was way too narrow in the nose area and was wondering if the bear forms are the same or are they usually a good fit.any info or advice would be great .Thank you.

2. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

I always liked the looks of the Buckeye heads.I generally use the Cast Lip heads for 2 reasons,you can remove the jawset to paint the mouth,then put it back in and no or very little interior putty work to do.The Cast Lip heads are still Buckeye heads but some additional sizes have been added,making 7 in all from very small to huge.

As far as fit,I think they fit well if you pick the right form.There are always individual differences in the builds of bears but I find I can always get a form that comes close.

3. thanks for the reply Jim B and the info on the cast lip heads.The idea of less putty work is appealing alright.As for the fit, I agree that there are always differences in the builds of bears and that propper measuring is important,I was asking that because it seems their mule deer forms are very good looking forms i just noticed the faces seem narrow, particulary in the nose area however its not a big deal to slpit and widen them. Thanks again .