1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

EZ Stand. Good or Bad -- Lets here it

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AndyO, Jun 9, 2009.

1. The stand has been out long enough to be thoroughly evaluated. For those of you who bought one, how is it? I know Bill Yox wrote a review early on; how's it holding up?

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Still doing fine. Just wasn't designed for anything bigger than deer, however.

3. i'm with George on this one!
    I bought the heavy duty stand a couple years ago for my big bison and african stuff; it will not hold them!
    Don't even think about a big elk!
    Everything ends up with its nose on the floor!
    I actually twisted the adjusment bolt clear off trying to tighten it to hold a big bison bull, I still have the stand but don't use it for anything bigger than a small elk.
    not an inexpensive stand; but I would have been OK with that if it has worked as described!

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I did a kudu and a wet heavy elk on my heavy duty one. I was told to adjust the bolts to grab tighter, and I just adjusted them to my own tastes anyway. I still use mine mostly for when I paint and wanna move the head around alot. My main stand is still bolted to the floor where I work the most. My only negative is not being able to get a response from the fellow who makes them. In my case, anyway, this product was as advertised.

5. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Last year I tried for over 2 months to get ahold of this guy, never would return calls or contact me. Must not be his main source of income? Steve

6. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I don't like mine. I will sell it if anybody is interested in it.

7. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

I unbolted mine from the floor for the room and went back to my old home made heavy duty standard. It is not versitle enough for my needs as most of the mounts I do are to heavy to use with it. Mine is also for sale.

8. Thanks for the feedback.

9. zubba

zubba New Member

I would be interested in seeing a picture of one. Then may be interested in purchasing one.

10. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    pictures are all over
    google it.

11. I just Googled it and came up with a bunch of everything but what I was looking for.

12. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    http://www.hidetanning.net/TaxidermyProductsSupplies.html
    first thing that came up

13. Like George said above, it is not meant for anything but deer. i usually have to place three 50 pound bags of sand on the base to mount a moose. Also had to drill holes into the pipe where ther set screws touch so they would not spin with the weight heavy moose. For deer and such it is terrific

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Can I have it ???

15. troy

troy Member

PA
    Really liked mine until I over tightened the bolts to hold an elk. My bad. Ruined the washers and it wouldn't hold diddley. I did get some replacement washers from Jim I think his name is. He has a different job so he doesn't do the stands any more but he did send me new washers. (After about 3-4 months and about 15 phone calls. ) Spoke with his wife to get to him. Never could get the new washers at the right torque so now I have a wrench and ratchet right there on the counter. Pain in the butt!!! BUT when it was new and worked properly, it was the shiznat!! Can move it all over without un-tightening and re-tightening. Liked it the best but that went south. My .02

16. I have one, but it is a pain in the butt to keep tightened. I will be sewing a deer and it will suddenly drop. I tend to keep a stick propped under the arm to prevent it.

17. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

Great concept, but I don't like mine either. I don't hate it, I just can't trust it.