1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

wrapped body deer

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by lams taxi, Jun 11, 2009.

1. lams taxi

lams taxi New Member

hey anybody out there ever do a wrapped body deer ?

2. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

That's a lot of excelsior :eek: unless you are talking about a fawn?

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Why bother unless your cheap.

4. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Kinda what I was getting at

5. the older ways, middle board and woodwool and boiling the skull lol
    its not being cheap, we got it to easy nowdays

6. snowhare

snowhare New Member

I did it just ones , i ll tell you that is a pain i the but , so dont do it ,, unless you want your arm , and shouleder wreced for a long long time

gr sn

7. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Snowhare is the one to leisten to on this one lams. He wraps all of his small mammals and does a phenomenal job.

8. Taxidermist friend I know told me he once wrapped a L/S BEAR

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

:D :D

POOR MAN , HE MUST BE WRACED BY WRAPPIMG A HOLE FRICKING BLACK BEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. choo choo charlie

choo choo charlie I feel pretty good for the way I feel

GEORGE WE NEED TO HELP HERE!
    Grab your stick and meet them on the corner, corrective work may be needed!

11. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    For anyone coming to the Nationals in a few weeks, a personal friend of mine, Benny Ippolito, protege to the great Louis Paul Jonas, will be there showing his newly modeled wildlife bronzes. Benny has wrapped in excelsior every animal from dik-diks to full grown jaguars. His technique is flawless and as accurate as any commercial form on the market today. In fact, I once picked up a mountain lion Benny wrapped by the tail and it never even sagged a 1/8" in any direction. Benny will be there with Bob Chauvin, contributing columnist to Breakthrough magazine. Bob also has the distinction of having worked with Louis Paul and has wrapped his fair share of bears, African and north American large and small game. Benny and Bob are not giving seminars but are willing to share there knowledge with anyone at the show. So please bring your note books. You can see some of Benny's art work by logging on to his web site http://www.ippolitostudio.com/about.htm
    So to answer your question, no animal on earth is beyond mounting by the wrapped excelsior method.

12. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

You would be out More money In time and excelor then you would just to go ahead and buy the form