1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Degassing silicone tip

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by Pescado, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I have found that wider is better, as far as mixing containers for silicone rubber. A 1/2 pound of silicone mixed in a 32oz coolwhip container will not usually rise up and over the top before falling. If you put the same 1/2 pound of silicone in a 32oz cottage cheese container and degass it , you will definately have an overflow before it falls. The wider container gives more exposed surface area for the gasses to escape during the vacuum process. That results in it rising less and staying within the confines of the mixing container, as opposed to spilling all over the bottom of your vacuum chamber.

Paul B

2. You would have thunk a thrifty polack like you would have known that. rw

3. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    paul what are you using for a vaccumm chamber,etc ?

4. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    thanks randall ;)

5. Not a problem, I did not know you were one of the fish venders down in Detroit.

6. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    i didn't know there were fish vendors in detroit? that pic was when i went to Japan this last chirstmas and newyears visiting the wife's family- we went through this huge famous fish market in tokyo. they sell all sorts of cool stuff for sale it was something else. then the surrounding restuarants thats where they buy all their fish, in that pic was just out side of a restuarant and some of them stick out tuna heads / squid or whatever for advertising

7. Very cool, lucky you I am lucky if I just get out of MIchigan.

8. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

We might be lucky to get you out of Michigan.

What kind of recipe is it that you use cool whip and cottage cheese?

9. qt cot ch/qt cool whip/pkg of bl cherry jello/1 can black cherries (drained)
    Makes a great fruit slalad.
    the powdered jello soaks up the liquids from the fruit so the salad doesn't get watery!

Use whatever fruit and jellp you like; mandarin oranges, diced peaches,etc