1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coolest skull you WANT

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by AH7, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Photobucket works fine. Don't use IE with it which is useless. Use Firefox

[​IMG]

2. if you have a yahoo account, then you also, already, have a flickr account. and it's IE safe.

3. AH7

AH7 New Member

I might give my right arm for a thylacine! About 10 years ago I had the option to buy one, but didn't have the $1500. Now I realize that's a steal! Still a lot of money, but worth it.

4. Id love to get a nice mature male baboon skull.

Charlie

5. Aaron H

Aaron H foxfiretaxidermy.com

It's an easy answer for me....A Cave Bear skull would complete me! Aaron H.

6. huntiholic

huntiholic Member

a hyena would be pretty cool

7. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

When the time comes, if he's still around, I'd love to have this guy. :)

[​IMG]

Really though, I'm not picky. I love them all. From baby mice...actually trying one of them now...to a horse skull I have in the front yard. They're all awesome.

8. Sea Wolf

Only one antler? Wonder if he ran headfirst into a brick wall?? :)

9. What is wrong with his other antler? Looks like a big rock.

How are you cleaning your mice? I had some mice, not babies but also not adults. I tried macerating 3 and, ofcourse I know now not to do that (they fell to pieces). The other 2 plus a tiny mole I put out for the bugs to eat and before they were finished our new dog got to them. So I never got to add mice and mole to my collection.

10. Big Horn Sheep.......... big one!

11. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

A narwhale would be neat. We have one in the shop but I think it belongs to some famous bowhunter.

12. Sea Wolf

Put up a picture of it. Would still be neat to see one hanging on someone wall anyway.

13. jasonb

Right now it is on the floor behind a bunch of stuff so it would be a little hard to get a pic. sorry

14. Sea Wolf

Buried? Awwww .. I'd assume that it doesn't have the ivory tusk still in it then. That's what makes those really neat.

15. jasonb

Yep it is still on there and it is somewhere around 6-8 foot long.

16. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Hard telling what's causing the abnormal growth of the left side. Ivan saw it closer up. He says the base is about as big as his fist. It could be an old injury or a dietary thing. Whatever the cause, I like the freaks.

The mice. We found mouse crap in our shed this winter. DeCon'ed them. Cleaning out the shed, found where they'd built the nest. 9 babies, 1 juvenile and 2 adults. The adults I macerated. They're just like weasels & other itty bitty rodents. I did make fabric pouches for each skull because I didn't want to lose any little teeth etc. The babies...only 3 of their skulls hadn't sunk in already. I imagine the drying process after death just made the bones implode. But of the 3 I have left, I am going to try maceration on one and if it works, YAY. I may put another one in a crock pot to see how it does. And I've been thinking of letting flies lay eggs on the third, then picking the maggots off as they grow. Of course the skulls are going to fall apart, but I'm guarenteed to learn as I go. And it's fun.

Jason. Dude. Seriously? A freakin' NARWHALE BEHIND THE COUCH?!?! How cool is that?!?! LOL

17. jasonb

I know, I will try to get a pic this week if I am allowed.

18. Well, as I said- macerating mice won't work. They'll just fall to pieces. Good luck gluing all those together... I've had several people tell me that, too, it's not just my own experience. Something about the way their skull is built, even as adults they're not really fused. So I let the bugs take care of them... though I don't know how tasty a poisoned mouse is to bugs.

19. crazycrow

crazycrow Sure ucan trust the government,just ask any indian

I have always wanted a clouded leopard skull.

20. EastonWest

EastonWest What we do in North Dakota, STAYS here.

big old silverback gorilla ;D