1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coolest skull you WANT

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by AH7, Jun 14, 2009.

1. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Years ago a friend picked up at a yard sale of all places a tiger rug {dillapidated} the head was of the old plaster paris and carved wooden tounge teeth variety.I have the skull it was in a ziplock bag when I first saw it lower jaws seperated two bullet holes .One to the cheek shattering right lower jaw other left of center forehead .All but 1 canine was missing . I carved three replicas covering them with 2 part epoxie pieced together the jaw filled the hole ,,then airbrushed the entire skull to blend bone and epoxie it looks preety awesome. Not sure , is it legal? This cat was shot in the 30's or 40's ,Ihave no papers .friend died quite a while back. Whats it worth ? a fine jail term or real money Remember it was damaged preety bad. but is a solid piece now Work was done 20 odd years ago.
    her

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

It's legal. Don't worry. You may have an issue selling it but I don't think you want to. :) Lucky find and be glad that you have it.

3. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Thanks seawolf for the reply .It IS kinda neat let me ask you ,is 7" wide and 11 1/4'' long sound like a tiger ,?? I dont know sounded a little small to me

4. Sea Wolf

Could be a young one. Or a sub species. I have a Bengal tiger and a Sumatran Tiger. Both are tigers but they are nowhere near the same size. You'd have to be able to get a good look at the striping pattern and coat colors to identify it well.

5. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Seawolf Unfortunatly the hide vwas missing from the rug I do remember the stripes on head were wide ,hair was short I know that's not much to go on . The only thing besides the widows story {she wanted to rid the house of this STUFF } that I kinda go by is this both shots from in front and above ,,as if in the classic tiger hunters "tree house" blind.

6. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Tiger skull for sale ,look at description under coolest skull will email pics $175 . that may sound cheap to some costly to some Hey it 's been repaired and its solid now!! quite a piece. Also a black bear [canada] just missed Pope Young $75

7. jevic035

jevic035 Member

snow leopard skull or a buffalo would be cool.

8. Clouded leopard.....those fangs are great. Chinese water deer too!

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Member

In.
    ON ONE OUT THERE THAT WANTED THIER EX`S

10. Bugz 2 Bonz

Bugz 2 Bonz Skull Cleaning / Central Ohio

I want your skull. Next time you renew your license donate your skull to me.

11. A KUDU would be awsome.

12. I would like a fresh skull from a full grown male LIGER. http://www.skull-cleaning.com/ Skullery

13. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Warthog and a croc or gator.

14. aztaxidermy

aztaxidermy double lungsville bang'em n hang'em

CT
    200+ class whitetail

15. 200+ class whitetail would have to be a full body mount.... would look cool as a european but I would have to have that one mounted.

16. aztaxidermy

aztaxidermy double lungsville bang'em n hang'em

CT
    either or I wouldn't care lol

17. AH7

AH7 New Member

Wanted to bring this one back to the top!

Top of my list is still a Giant Panda. Before you shout about it, remember I'm a university researcher and have access to ridiculous things IF they become available. The main problem with this one (since the whole endangered thing doesn't kill my prospects) is that almost all (if not all?) pandas in the USA belong to China and thus if one dies, I think they go back over there.

I keep having to hold out for an old one in someone's collection. Do any of you know of any in a private collection? My jealousy would be unparalleled!

18. Sea Wolf

Not in a private collection. Still, would be an interesting thing to have. Just added a koala and a tiger hybrid so I've crossed those off my list. Large saltwater crocodile would still be one and a large Nile croc for comparison.

19. akvz

akvz New Member

I'm not sure I've ever even seen a real panda skull in many museum collections, to be honest! Red pandas, sure, but not a giant panda... though I guess I haven't exactly been snooping around at a lot of museums or university collections.

I think my biggest wish would be a rhino skull, with or without the horns... there is a man who has a white rhinoceros skull locally (legally harvested & tagged from the 60s I believe) and I've been able to touch/see it for myself and I'm not sure I've ever been more jealous in my entire life! Though I suppose it's a good thing I don't have one, seeing as how I have no idea where I would put it... they're pretty big! A Sumatran rhino would be my favourite because of the exaggerated curvature of the nasal bones and smaller size, but I really can't afford to be picky with the specific species, I think.

I'm also interested in any of the tapirs, sirenia, and a pygmy hippo. Giraffe and a regular hippo are wanted, but due to the lack of space I currently have... they're not exactly a priority. They're also quite commonly sold compared to rhinos, pygmy hippos, tapirs, and sirenia (if they are ever even sold?!) so they are more of a "someday" rather than a wishlist item, along with many other skulls I simply haven't gotten around to purchasing, like porcupines, capybara, and camelids. :)

20. nuclearjunky

nuclearjunky Member

I have never seen a panda skull in real life - not even in museums.

The skull I really would like to have is a snow leopard (of course, only legally). But they seem very rare even in scientific collections.
    But snow leopards are my favourite predators since I had an opportunity to accompany a zoo keeper caring for these beautyful cats.

European River Otter or harbor seal would be interesting to me, too. And a big cave bear, but this is far out of my price class.